Forum Mod Bakery Docs

The Simpsons: Mystery Incorporated (v1.3)

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
This isn't actually a bug, Windows prohibits certain characters from being used in file and folder names. The InternalName section of the Meta.ini documentation has been updated to discourage use of these characters in mod names.
This post has been removed.
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
It's really good. I liked the custom dialogue and the missions have been a nice mix of difficulty and fun. The NOOHF models fit really well into the game and the custom ones look great.

However, I've only been able to make it to mission 4 because the game crashed on me 2 times in a row. The first was in M3 right before the chase. I did the trick where you call the mystery machine and then pick up a wrench on foot so I could repair it. When I ran back to the ghost his model was gone and when I talked to him the game crashed. The other one was in M4 where I was just driving past the kwik-e-mart during the 'Go To The Cemetery' objective when it crashed again.

Other than that, great mod and I'd love to see a 2nd level. Just don't add the mine cart from Mystery Mayhem. That mission still brings back bad memories.
Glad you liked the mod, Tappie! I managed to recreate your crash in Mission 3, it's not exactly clear what's causing it. So I'll leave a warning in the description. Sadly, I couldn't recreate the crash in Mission 4. Thanks for bringing this to my attention though.
This post has been removed.
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Okay, part 2 of the review. Unfortunately, it's a bit more negative.

Let's start off positive, M5 was decent (the bullies surfing on the tractor made my day) and M7 felt more like a final boss than the base game.
There are some things about the mod I would personally add. Shaggy's run is missing the trademark Hannah-Barbara sound effect (you know the one I'm talking about, it's even in NOOHF) and you could have used the Scooby-Doo characters better. Other than Shaggy, Fred and to some extent Scooby, most of the characters are stuck to side content like the BM or street races.
The vehicles are a nice selection. The ATV is probably my least favorite since it is just a recolored car from the base game. The magnet car is very top heavy and it makes it hard to drive. Also, the vehicles all feel too slow and aren't that much fun to drive.

Anyway, now for the worst part. M6 is one of the worst missions I've played in any mod in a long time. It feels like something that should have been in Frank Grimes mod but too be fair, at least those missions are playable. I understand that the tractor is glitchy but if that is the case, it should be changed to another vehicle or at least let me get out of the car to use a traffic one or a vehicle from the phone booth. It slides all over the place and when you go slow and careful it just makes the mission feel long and boring. I would have never made it to the 'Drive To The Power Plant' objective if I didn't use cheat keys but even then I couldn't make it to the power plant because the cheat keys crashed my game so I just skipped to M7.

Overall, this is a fun mod. It could use a fix or two on certain missions and could use the Scooby-Doo theming more but I still had a fun time with it and I can't wait to see whats in store for it in the future.
6.5/10- Good
I might consider nerfing Mission 6. I've never been very good at making custom cars, so I tried to limit myself to only a couple. I agree with you on the under-utilization of the Mystery Inc gang, I think enough's going on with Fred, and Daphne is the focus of Mission 6 (unfortunately). I just never found a use for Velma and Scooby-Doo can't be used as an NPC just because of how animations work.

Anyhow, that's my justification. I can't see much of what you said that I disagree with. Thanks for the advice :D
Hey there, i really enjoyed the mod, lots of attenton to details and in many aspect felt like an atual scooby doo cartoon. All the custom simpsons characters are pretty damn well made, especialy the jebediah historian, took me a while to realise he was based on skinner's model. the kang and kodos ship becoming fred's trap is pretty clever too. I also gind the use of te surfing on car animation for the bullies on wille's tractor to be pretty interesting and opening quite a few possibilities for upcoming mods. However, for all the good stuff about the mods, the vehicles really don't control that well, ESPECIALLY shaggy's tractor, it made mission 5 nearly unplayable and just not fun, there's also a small issue with the willie mission, it's unclear you need to walk away from the schoola nd not drive, but still, i really enjoyed it overall and i'm eager to see you're following story mods.
This looks really good, gonna give it a try, just downloaded it!
Hey guys, I've updated Mystery Incorporated to fix a lot of the complaints its had. I've added a new vehicle and you can finally do stuff in the Wager Race! You can also decompile the mod to check out how it was done.