Forum Mod Bakery Docs

The Simpsons: Mystery Incorporated (v1.3)

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Looks like a fantastic mod Nathan cant wait to play and are you planning on making updates in the future to this mod but keep up the good work
Hi mason12310,

Glad you're excited about my mod. I hope it lives up to your expectations! I would say a Level 2 is very likely, but won't guarantee it. I have ideas for a story, and am also looking to significantly update the Level 2 map for it.
game has crashed twice now specifically around the kwik e mart area
What missions and what were you doing at the time?
first time was the "dont hit anything" race, randomly crashed on an attempt.
the second was during the mission finding stuff about jebediah, was driving to the cemetery and crashed when i reached the kwik e mart
Tappie's had a similar problem, unfortunately, there's not a lot I can do if I can't recreate it. Was there anymore information you have? What vehicle were you driving? Was the vehicle damaged? Did you collect a wrench? Had you found the hidden vehicle yet? I have a hunch the issue might have to do with the hidden vehicle's locator, there's just not a lot pointing to it. It'd have to be an issue with the Kwik-E-Mart's map file.
first time was standard mystery machine, second was the lochness monster machine.

i dont believe the vehicle was damaged in either instances.

dont recall coming near a wrench.

havent found the secret vehicle.
Hi Toasty,

I'm adding Dynamic Tree Node Entity Limits as a required hack in the next update. I can't guarantee that'll fix the issue, since I don't know what the the issue is, but it's possible. Thanks for your patience.
Like zoinks, Scoob! A new The Simpsons: Mystery Incorporated update is out. Check the version history for what's new (basically, a lot). It's mostly HUD and music stuff. Just making it feel more like a Scooby-Doo, game. Have fun!
Really good update, it basically fixes everything that was wrong with the previous versions. The Scrappy model looks really good, and I like how pretty much every texture has been changed. It bumps my rating up from a 6.5 to an 8/10- Great.

There are a few issues, mainly a crash:
The tractor is fine but is heavier on the left meaning that when I hold forward and nothing else or steer right, it will either not turn at all or turn to the left. I think the cause for this is the pipe on the left of the model, as it's the only thing that's not symmetrical.

The new character icons look decent, especially Hollis and Mr Largo, however I would recommend using brand new images (preferably ones with no background) as the cropping makes the orange on the original very obvious.

The challenges are fun, the 60kmh one is fine as long as you drive around the kwik-e-mart. The one with the ghost boats can be annoying, mainly because of how stingy the ghost boats are when taking damage as well as the other traffic cars getting in the way. The one where you have to run to the other side of the map however isn't that fun and can be extremely boring. It takes almost exactly 5 minutes with only 6 seconds remaining meaning if you failed, you would have to do all of it again.

The crash occurred on M5. The objective popped up to spy on Skinner and Willie, the green bar filled up and then it crashed before anything else happened. I was driving the Mystery Machine if that helps.