Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Enhanced Vehicle Progression

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
This mod modifies the stats of most player-obtainable vehicles in the game, including the WWII rocket at the very end. This provides more a feel of progression and makes completing the races and bonus missions much more rewarding than they currently are. The phonebooth stats for vehicles have not yet been changed, so they are set to their vanilla-game defaults, this will be done in a later update.

Feedback is always appreciated, purchasable vehicles had no real logic when it came to applying their stats and as such are all likely to be changed when the mod is updated to implement the purchasable logic.

Download Link

Vehicle Stats

IMPORTANT
The change in stats does not change the missions in any way, missions should be much easier. I may change this at a later date, though I wanted to make the mod to not only make the game more progressive, but also for implementation in full-game mods if the creator would wish to implement. Because of this, that will most likely become a standalone add-on at a later date but is not guaranteed.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Looks pretty cool. I'll have to try it out next time I do a full game playthrough!
What about a second option that, instead of making the cars more rewarding, make the stats worse.
That completely beats the point of playing a game, and does not even meet the definition of a game. If you got worse stuff as you progressed through a game, you would not be motivated to play; SHAR does have some progression but not a lot. Which is the whole reason that I made this mod, because I wanted to make SHAR feel more rewarding for casual players - there are some flaws with the stats that I have set which I will fix if I get around to updating. Purely with health points and mission scripts.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Interesting mod! I was always disappointed by fact that the cars you buy or unlock in races/bonus mission are actually worse than the one you start the level with. At least most of them. Only in later levels you get some really good cars but they aren't necessary better than the one you already have.

I noticed on Vehicle Stats page, it says Red Brick Car (L7 Bonus). Surely you don't mean RC Car (L7 Bonus)?
Also can you list the original values for the vehicles as well, to see their differences between the changes?
Red brick car is intended!

I swapped out the RC car as balancing the stats for that vehicle just won't happen because of how the car is in general. Any increase to its speed will just cause it to spin out and be almost uncontrollable, so I instead opted to swap it out and use the Red Brick Car instead.

Generally, for the main level cars it's +10 and for some of the purchasable/unlockable cars I think they were mostly in the +25/40 range in the speed stat. I have listed the difference in the stats for the cars so that wouldn't be too much of an edit to make at all.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hmm... I think this opens up an interesting dilemma of whether the best cars available in each level should be the ones you earn in bonus missions and street races, or the ones you buy spending a lot of money.
Hit and Run seems to usually have the fastest cars available to buy, occasionally the fastest car is the prize for beating all the street races.
Whether being able collect and save up lots of money, or beating the game's bonus challenges should reap the most rewards is a difficult one. Hit and Run I think alternates between one and the other, which is quite good.

Red brick car is intended!

I swapped out the RC car as balancing the stats for that vehicle just won't happen because of how the car is in general. Any increase to its speed will just cause it to spin out and be almost uncontrollable, so I instead opted to swap it out and use the Red Brick Car instead.

Generally, for the main level cars it's +10 and for some of the purchasable/unlockable cars I think they were mostly in the +25/40 range in the speed stat. I have listed the difference in the stats for the cars so that wouldn't be too much of an edit to make at all.
Thanks for explaining. I didn't know that you actually intended to replace the RC Car with the Red Brick Car in Level 7. I agree that the RC car lost control far easily when hitting an object or wall, even if you made it faster. So the red brick car is a far better choice in this case.

For the stats, I meant to show the old and new stats in the Vehicle Stats sheet you have in opening post. So that you have a comparison for people who wanted to see how were the original stats and how are currently, to understand better how was the vehicle changed compared to how was before. It's ok if you don't want to change, it's not that necessary.