Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Remove "CARD_QUOTE#_##" and the character icons when viewing a card?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
These parts of the "view card" screen are going to get annoying when trying to read something completely irrelevant to what the scrolling text is talking about, so is there any way to get rid of the character icons and the scrolling text when viewing a collector card? I edited out a bunch of things from the "art\frontend\scrooby2\pages\ViewCard.pag" file to remove at least some of the character icons and quotes... which didn't work. (Isn't the scrooby2 folder useless anyway?) OK, so is there any way to do what I'm looking for?

(...how many times have I included "way" in my questions?)

EDIT: Forget about the character icons, I found a way to get rid of those. I worked around the scrolling text, but that doesn't mean it's too late to see if the scrolling text can be removed.
You are correct about the scrooby2 folder being useless. The game loads absolutely nothing from that folder, and it's filled to the brim with delicious unused/early content. There are some files in there that seem identical to some content the final game uses, but it never loads anything from there.

By a workaround, I'm a bit uncertain what you mean by that. However, if it helps, card quotes can be replaced with a quotation mark, a space, and then another quotation mark (" "). The player won't be able to see these, and by replacing the quote character icons with a blank icon, you won't be able to tell that the quotes are there at all!

Here's an example of the blank quote technique I'm talking about:
i.imgur.com/MpKgNVb.png

Here's how it looks in-game with the card:
i.imgur.com/UMHeUlm.png

(Please ignore the unmodified collector's card. I haven't modified the image here to match the text.)
Yippee! Now I didn't have to replace the scrolling text with my dumb opinions about whatever a card is talking about. Thanks!