Forum Mod Bakery Docs

What's Your Story With SHaR?

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hello everyone,
Bit late to the party but my story started for SHAR started around 2004-2005 when a friendly neighbour gave my family a used PS2 and a copy of SHAR (Platinum version), those memories I cherish to this day, I had to wait a week because SHAR PS2 was only Duel shock 2 compatible (PS2 Controller) and we had a Duel shock controller (PS1 Controller), after that I got PS2 controller and spent most of my time on Homer 1 (I'm one of those guys :-D) and mostly had fun just driving around and completing missions at my own leisure.

In terms of difficulty for me was Monkey See Monkey D'oh (Level 2: Mission 6) where for some reason was really hard for me to gather the monkeys in the time limit, but we all have those moments of questioning our younger selves capabilities towards gaming; I do also remember the Alien "Auto"topsy Part II (Level 7: Mission 6) also pushed me to my limits to.

To prevent me going on for another decade my favourite levels are Homer 1 (of course) because whenever I think of SHAR I think of Homer 1 but I also like Lisa's level more for the setting with the beautiful sunset overlooking Springfield creating a soothing atmosphere personally; my favourite vehicle in the game is Mr Burns' Limo because it looks awesome and it's a pretty decent vehicle in terms of stats, the Monster Truck was a personal favourite as a kid because it was BIG

Overall I love this game a lot and I could go on forever about this game, I'm glad people cherish this game as much as I do and I hope everyone has a great day.
This post has been removed.
4 yrs ago (Statistics)
I got it when i was 9 because i wasnt allowed gta and i was a big fan of the simpsons. I was originally going to get the simpsons game but i only had a pc so i couldnt
I first heard of The Simpson's through Hit and Run when I saw my Dad playing it when I was 3. I wasn't allowed to play on my dad's xbox back then because I was known for throwing stuff when I got mad and he didn't want me to break his system or the TV, but when I was 7 I got to play it for the first time and loved it. It took me a whole year to beat since it was one of the first games I ever played but I loved it never the less. My Dad's xbox sadly broke, (not cuz of me tho) but when I was 12 I got another copy of hit and run for GameCube and still enjoy playing it. I was obsessed with it trying to find ways to hack my disc so I could play as other characters in different levels and even had ideas about custom missions and adding character and cars from other games in hit and run like Multi Meme way before NightBane's channel even existed. I even spent hours collecting every coin possible thinking that if I could possibly collect them till the game wouldn't let me anymore I'd unlock a special bonus or sometimes I'd mess with the cheats and find any glitch I possibly could like if you put certain cars on a tombstone in level 7 and ground pound them to make them fly or even getting inside the simpson's kitchen and other non accessible places way before the boundary break video, if only I had YouTube back then. Then somehow I found out about Donut Mod and hacks like Multimeme and was blown away. I couldn't believe their were more people like me obsessed with this cult classic. I myself wish I could make custom characters and mods but sadly I'm just not THAT good with computers, that's why I suggest characters since I can't make them myself. But I do someday plan on somehow learning it.