Forum Mod Bakery Docs

The Simpsons: Hit & Run Releases From Best To Worse

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Note that this list is not fact, but my personal opinion. If you have your own opinion on this, or disagree with me, feel free to post about it below (not that I could stop you from doing that anyway).

As you probably know, The Simpsons: Hit & Run was released onto all four mainstream platforms at the time, PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, and PC. Which version is the best though? I thought about it and came to the conclusion below. This is a list of all releases, from best to worst.

BEST: Xbox
The Xbox release of The Simpsons: Hit & Run is the best due to a few reasons. The resolution is the best out of the console releases, the textures look nice, there is a widescreen option that doesn't exist in other versions, and the controls are very easy to use and the best in my opinion. The Xbox release also has the best audio out of all versions, with it being slightly less compressed then the PlayStation 2/PC versions' audio.

SECOND BEST: PC
Technically speaking, the PC version should be the highest on this list, as it has options for high resolution if your desktop can support it, additional save files to use, the HUD looks amazing, the framerate is generally very high if your PC can handle it, has controller support, and is very customisable. What holds it back from being the best though, is the problem of actually getting the game to work. If you play the game on modern desktops, you will most-likely experience strange physics, such as your vehicle launching forwards, among other problems, as well as no actual fullscreen that require Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher to fix. Using said program to fix the issue violates the rule of the game still being vanilla, though.

SECOND WORST: GameCube
The GameCube release is usable, don't mistake that, but it's not really preferable. There are some oddities and bugs within it, and the models, animations and some textures are really compressed. The audio is also compressed which results in the side effect of it being one channel mono audio. It is usable though, and the HUD, textures, etc do resemble the Xbox version more than anything.

WORST: PlayStation 2
The release that the majority of people who played The Simpsons: Hit & Run as children played. There's not much redeemable about the PlayStation 2 version. The HUD, resolution and textures are not too detailed, but the worst thing about this version is the framerate. The framerate is awful, usually running stably at 30 frames per second but occasionally (and noticeably) dropping below that number. This is especially noticeable whenever the Hover Car Vehicle is on screen at mid or full speed, as the framerate is demolished whenever the aforementioned vehicle begins to become invisible.
The Hovercar is the root of all evil.
I Acutally like the gamecube ver i grew up with the PS2 ver but in my teenage years i mainly played the gamecube ver
The PC version is the only version that I played. Not sure about the other versions. I'll probably go and test them at some point...