Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Dealing With Anxiety & Depression

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Before y'all read this I want to warn you that it's bound to get pretty dark and deep. So if you like to live on the positive side of things and don't want to be put in a depressing mood, feel free to click off.

So I've been dealing with anxiety and depression for a long time and it's a really dark and scary thing to deal with and just straight up think about. Depression itself is really dark and just overall haunting and a lot of people get it mixed up with just being sad because there are a lot of people out there that don't have depression and don't have the ability to comprehend depression. There are several types of depression and they are all hard to explain, but each of them are just about as awful as the next. Depression in general just feeling empty inside and not really feeling excited about anything as much as you used to be. It's like having the happiness ripped out of you and thrown in the garbage. It's more of like a disease than just a feeling because feelings can be changed pretty quickly sometimes, but diseases can last forever and more than likely not be cured. Dealing with it can be tough but it's just a matter of trying to force yourself to get up and shake it off while still facing the worst obstacles imaginable. My experiences with it have led to a lot of people around me to worry about me unfortunately, and it sucks. I don't really tell a lot of people that I have it because I love laughing, I love putting others in a good mood and that puts me in a good mood. I have told my parents that I deal with it so it's not like I'm not trying to deal with it. For everyone that does suffer from depression that reads this, talk to someone IMMEDIATELY if you haven't already. If you're too shy to talk about it I don't blame you, and I'm not gonna sugar-coat it and just keep telling you to talk to someone. Only talk to someone if it's to the point to where you're having thoughts... If you don't want to talk to someone about it, then just do somethings that make people feel good in general. Exercise is the main thing I've looked to in order to break out of the darkness. I doesn't even have to be a 5k run. It can just be a quick walk or a jog or something. Just set a quick goal and once you do it you'll feel better. Music is also a good way to break from it. Any type of music helps. Music in general is a beautiful thing in our world and it gets me through the toughest times (Especially Korn :3 ). There are many other ways to deal with it all but these two are key in my eyes.

Anxiety. This piece of s***... Anxiety is admittedly worse than depression and I have many reasons why. Things that go through my head because of my anxiety are awful. Anxiety is like feeling trapped in a ball of insanity. It's like stressed turned up to 12 on an amp. It's awful. I keep having anxiety attacks that just cause me to want to just lose control and freak out. What makes it worse is that I could just be watching a commentary or something and then the person says one thing that causes my mind to overthink. What's worse is that I don't know how to deal with it quickly. It's that bad for me. I know I'm making myself look all conceited and egotistical cause there are people in the world dealing with far more worse situations than this, but it's really just horrifying to think about. I'd tell you about the stuff I do think about but it's just too hard to explain. To deal with it... just get mad at all the s*** you can find. Not people. (Don't blame me if you kill someone after reading this) If you got a lot of stress going through your head, just punch something that you couldn't care less about (not a wall or anything expensive pls). Beat a pillow to death. As dirty as it is, fap if you have the time. Just wear yourself out somehow and it'll make everything go away somehow. Don't just sit there and let it take over you.

I understand that this is a more positive based community, but I wanted to do something to hopefully reach out to others. Because let's face it, half of the other people that try to help with this stuff sugar-coat it all and don't be real about it. If this helps anyone, you are very welcome. I am thankful for this community and I love you all. Sorry if I got edgy lmao.
I deal with the same problems too. They go hand in hand with PTSD (Which I have) and having a number of other health issues (Including two permanent work injuries for me). Sometimes friendliness, outgoingness, and a desire to help others is really a cry for help. Most people would not guess that though.

For me, model railroading helps with those feelings. It's creating a scale "World" in the way I would like the real world to be that helps for me. Being a former railroader, and a life long rail enthusiest, the trains are the central part of that scale world.
Yes, there is a clear difference between being sad and being depressed, and it's unfortunate that most people will never be able to understand it. You're right; it's not a feeling, it's just this constant thing. Feelings change, but depression is always there, but you can get over it. I've had a couple of bouts with it, but haven't had it in a long time. I don't even know if it's controllable; it just comes and goes.

You named exercise and music (which is amazing and important), but another key thing you can actually do to combat it I think would be to get ample sleep each and every night. I honestly think sleep is the most important thing in our lives that so many people take for granted. It is good to vent, but the thing I'm most concerned with is what we can actually do to combat these issues, which is good that you named some things.

I don't have anxiety, but I have OCD, and there are probably some overlapping things there, but it is a b****. It gets better, and it's honestly changed my life in a lot of ways for the better, but there is obviously some bad s*** that comes along with it.

You're not being egotistical because I don't know about people being out there that have it worse than this; sorry to be so bleak, but I'm not sure how it could get worse than having these diseases.
This post has been removed.
1 yr ago (Statistics)