Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Springfield Noire 2: Reinvestigated [Discontinued]

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Can I be the beta tester of this mod?
Please add Case 3 (Level 1 - Missions 6 and 7) with all possible bugs fixed.
I can't wait so long to finish this 3-level mod without crashes!
[deleted user]
4 yrs ago (Statistics)
Case 3 was already added in the private beta build, alongside Hit and Chase (revamped wager race) and a couple of completely new areas to explore
The mod should be out by the end of September/start of October, can't say for sure, since I don't want to rush
Also, all existing bugs in L1 were fixed(there's still a change you can encouter a bug that didn't get purged though), including possible crashes
[deleted user]
4 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hey there, just a quick heads up
The final demo for Springfield Noire 2(which contains all the missions, major map changes, collector cards, and Hit and Chase. (For L1)) will be released around Saturday/Sunday/Monday, so, stay tuned!
(Sorry we couldn't release the mod in September, but it's better to polish it a bit more)
[deleted user]
4 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hey there, it's Gordon again, and I want to announce that the Level 1 Demo has been finally released publically!
From now on, Levels 2 and 3 will be developed in a closed beta state, until the mod gets fully released
Now, have fun investigating, detectives! :p
(All the features of the demo are described in the main thread)
100% serious review

Story: 3/10 Gordon did it so it's below average.
Gameplay: 8/10 I had some ideas put in so it's good.
Audio: 9/10 Other than Gordon's stinky music I did all the voice lines so it's good.
Visuals: 5/10 Stevens did the new interior and finished building. They're alright I guess.
Overall: 7/10 What I worked on was exceptional, everything else was bad.
[deleted user]
4 yrs ago (Statistics)
SNoire 3: Re-Reinvestigated is coming up, don't worry ;)
Hey there, I have a little announcement
Firstly, gotta say that L2 is in the works and significant progress is being made :)
Secondly, on 1st of November I'm planning to organize a little speedrunning event!
You don't have to register on speedrun.com, you just have to get a timer, and try to beat the demo as fast as possible
The winner will get their very own special thanks entry! (And will also be mentioned in the credits nobody watches)
And remember - this'll be just a friendly competition to see if it's even worth speedrunning mods

I made a small google doc where you can signup to the event by simply adding your DT nickname to the list:
Click
The event isn't gonna start yet, but you can already start practicing in speedrunning this mod
Good luck!

Event cancelled due to lack of signups, nevermind
[deleted user]
4 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hey everybody, thanks to Somebot we've found one small yet critical issue
You wouldn't be able to play the mod on holidays (like today), so I went ahead and fixed this issue in beta 1.1 :)
Also, I've included some small WIP tweaks - like the pause menu and destruction meter redesigns
Have fun and happy Halloween!
Does anyone know where Bart is in Mission 7? I'm disappointed about this mission because it ruined the mod for me, not only because the dialogue from Homer doesn't add any clues to the mission, but there isn't a clue in the last mission that tells you where Bart is (As far as I can tell). I love where this mod is heading but mission 7 has made me give up on exploring more of the mod.
I really love the work you've put into this mod. Just a little suggestion regarding the music: I know that some missions have copyrighted music (like "Axel F" as the Sunday Drive theme), so why don't you use music from the Sonic games instead? My song suggestions:

Level 1 Sunday Drive/Tutorial - Rusty Ruin Zone Act 1 (Sonic 3D Blast/Flickies' Island; Mega Drive version)
Level 2 Sunday Drive - Rusty Ruin Zone Act 2 (Sonic 3D Blast/Flickies' Island; Mega Drive version)

I think those songs would be fitting for cruising around Springfield. I also think "Mechanical Resonance" (Final Egg Part 1) from Sonic Adventure would be a good theme for one of the missions.