Forum Mod Bakery Docs

The way "local multiplayer" works in this game?

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
So, I was wondering what's up with the "Max Players" option under Multiplayer in the Debug Test hack.
My only guess would be that maybe Lucas or any DT Staff was trying local multiplayer on the game's freemode at some point. Since the game already had multiplayer via the bonus game, this would make sense to be something DT could work on in the future.
Now, why I made this post;
I've tried changing the controls to the second character (#Controller 1 in simpsons.ini file) and saved it as read-only. Whenever I exit the P2 Controls menu in the bonus game, the "Please insert CD 1" error pops up. (Yeah I have expected some kind of error to this.)
But the issue I'm having, I can't quite understand why it won't work on freemode. I added Apu as first character to level 1 and left Homer as a second character (It'll look something like;
  • AddCharacter("apu", "apu");
  • AddCharacter("homer", "homer);
Also, another important note, I did add homer as a npc in the first mission, just so I'll be able to see him in-game.
I've got to see homer in there, he is always spawned nearby a parked car in the houses next to the simpsons.
Unfortunately, I am not able to control him or see the from a 2nd character's perspective.
What I have done though, was to turn on the debug mode, with triggers activated. Then I've teleported to the 0,0,0 XYZ Position of the level & got a similar image of the second half of the screen, on the first half.
Just thought it might be cool to share this with you guys.

Also, some quite interesting facts;
Since most of you are familiar with modding, I assume you guys peeked at least once on the 'ingame.p3d' file and if you noticed, there is 'IconPlayer0' as user blip and then there's 'PlayerCars', having inside two icons for Player0(player 1)'s car, also the bonus game has slots for cars/characters from 0-3. Same for the controls in 'simpsons.ini'.

Here is the image I was talking about: