Forum Mod Bakery Docs

The Simpsons Hit & Run - The Racer Mod - [CANCELLED]

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
@FSgamer that's not really possible
so I think to make sure to use AdditionalScriptFunctionality to set the trigger condition and the explosives could be outside the car that when it explodes in the vehicle's .con.
I still don't think that's possible

also another idea, a beach
Some ideas I could think of (mostly generic):

• Ramps.
  • Terrain that deviates from the common design seen in the base game (noticeable inclines and small jumps, etcetera).
  • Speed increase triggers (apparently these can be created with specific jump trigger setups, might be a stretch).
  • Branching paths and shortcuts to encourage exploration and keep things interesting. There's also the opportunity to add intersections with this.
  • Perhaps have some content for the regular game such as various interesting challenges (and wrench spawns, obviously) for those not playing in Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Multiplayer.
  • Areas which respawn the player if entered.
Speed increase triggers (apparently these can be created with specific jump trigger setups, might be a stretch).

Haven't really messed with jump trigger setups myself, but this would be a pretty neat idea if it ended up working! Preferably with a small graphic to indicate the speed increase is intentional (like some simple arrows on the ground?). Again, not quite sure if it'd pan out in execution, but small little bits of strategy like that integrated into the map as opposed to just shortcut taking would be a really refreshing change of pace.

A couple of previous projects (such as SomeBot's Colosseum or Donut Team Deluxe) had some community-made ads that would be kinda cute to see. Not sure if it currently warrants it's own thread, but it might be cute to throw a couple of nods here and there. Alternatively, spins on the vanila-game ads would be pretty neat to see. Something as simple as a new Lard Lads advertisement that maybe acknowledges their mascot briefly coming to life before Homer became the town hero and put an end to that would make the map feel like a bit of an extension from the vanilla 7 Levels.

Going with the mostly nature setting with the tracks, I'd love to see something that pulls inspiration from the Springfield Mountains track in Road Rage. It's honestly one of my favorite maps from a visual standpoint with how it manages to sell you with how high above the rest of the town you are. Working in natural obstacles like fog (think the tunnel present in Downtown Springfield but more dense) or sets of logs you can plow through as a shortcut (a nod to Lisa's mission in that particular map) would definitely be cool to see!

Sorry if this is all pretty scatterbrained, but the idea is super cute and I'd love to see what you make! Kind of writing this all in a bit of a rush and can clarify anything I stated if necessary.