Forum Mod Bakery Docs

How do I do a personalized mission?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
hi i'm brazilian, anyway, i just wanted to know if it is very difficult to create a personalized mission, can you help me?

NOTE: I wrote this text in English because most are gringos :)
The question itself is half useless, and you also added the "gringos" thing to it, but hey. yes. It is difficult to do custom missions
[deleted user]
3 yrs ago (Statistics)
Custom missions - depends heavily, mostly it's as easy as copy-pasting stuff
However if you want to create personalized missions - I'm afraid I can't help with that, every copy of SHaR is already personalized
This post has been removed.
3 yrs ago (Edited 3 years ago)
Ok, sorry to call you "grigos" because for me you are foreigners, I'm Brazilian, but thanks for the help, and I'm sorry if the word "gringo" was offensive in any way :)

(Post merged by moderator.)

;3
While I understand you’re looking for more information, the winky face being the only content in your reply comes off as ‘cheeky’ and might derive others from wanting to assist. Please be careful with your replies!

To answer your question, custom missions in SHAR aren’t too difficult with the current tools, provided you have patience to debug them fully if any issues arise.

The best place to start is probably to analyze Radical’s mission scripts and the respective P3Ds each mission script loads (mxl.mfk). The functions are pretty self explanatory based on names alone, but the way they’re use and embedded in each stage function are pretty essential in terms of order.

If you’re not familiar with how to do so, go ahead and read up on how to make a basic mod template. Our documentation page should help with the basics. Read up on that! If you’re feeling lazy however, you can also just download a template I made a little while back here and simply drop the mission scripts into the appropriate directory, then try little edits to the scripts, such as changing timers! See what happens!

Once you feel comfortable after getting a good look at them and doing minor edits, legomariofanatic created some pretty great beginner friendly tutorials that give you an idea of how to create missions from scratch. Check here and here. GordonCMB also created a tutorial for creating a mission that involves destroying an AI vehicle here.

Hopefully this helps. Please provide more information if you need any further assistance!

(Replies have also been merged.)