Forum Mod Bakery Docs

How to get the cho file? I cant make a character with out it

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
i want to use a diffrent character for a mod but i cant find cho file for it?
The CHO files are in the art\chars folder.
Only for Main game characters though
You'll have to make new ones for new characters.
how to make one then? if you can please tell me thanks
Basically, copy a cho file of an existing character, rename it to your new character, then change instances of "homer" to "character" (for whatever character it is). Only change "homer" where it says "homer" alone, and don't change it in things like homer_idle_scr or whatever. I can be more specific once I get home, but hopefully you can get it to work from there.
Ok, Still no good it says could not find skeleton named homer i changed the name..
EDIT i found that.. but now the pure3d animation error pops up.
You could just generate a character with this: https://www.mediafire.com/?mhy5sc6w693tui8
I swear Kenny tried to link me to that before but the link was outdated. Might've been for something else though.

To SomeoneIKnow, assuming you're using my method still and not the character generator (which is probably way more viable at this point) you also need to copy, for example, homer_a.p3d (assuming you're using homer's .cho) into the chars folder, rename it to "character"_a.p3d, then that should work. Also, make sure you're replacing the following, and only the following, with your character's name in replacement of homer (again, in the .cho file, assuming you're using homer)
---
// skeleton rig
rig "homer"
{
skeleton "homer";

// bank
bank "homer"
{
// reference to skeleton configuration
rig "homer";
---

Although, if you use the character generator Jake provided, that might be better (although I'm not sure how it works, should probably try it out :O )

Edit: The character generator is error404'd anyway, lol

Edit 2: this is the page it redirected me when I clicked the link at first prntscr.com/93zqr5 so nvm once again
Jake's thing worked on the first time thanks and Gibstack thanks for taking time to help me :)
And may i also know how to just simple start mission no dialogue i know im asking a lot but yeah nothing like this on mod explanations.. Hard to learn doing this stuff