Forum Mod Bakery Docs

No Music / Sound in cutscenes and while driving

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
So after almost a year i wanted to come back to the game for another playthough. I usually use your Launcher because it fixes a lot of annoying bugs. I don't use any other mods just the vanilla game.
When i started a new save today i came across the problem that some sounds seem to not work at all. In the Menu and the during the Movies i get perfect sound but during the cutscenes befor the mission i hear no voice, while driving i hear the background music but no sounds. I have checked the options and every sound is turned on.
I tried reinstalling the game already but that didnt change anything. And launching it without your launcher doesnt change anything either except that its even more buggy of course since your launcher fixes a lot of other issues. But still no sound.
Has anyone ever had this problem or can anyone help?
UPDATE! I just fixed it myself.

So since yesterday i have tried many many different solutions. I reinstalled the game several times. I tried installing it to different directories. I tried compatibility mode and so on... i was very uset since it seemed that i was the only one getting this problem cause there are no solutions what so ever on google or youtube to find.
Since reinstalling the game changed absolutly nothing i figured that the problem most likely isnt the game itself but its some setting on my pc preventing some audio files from being played.

The breakthrough occured when i turned music off, since the music worked, and turned my speaker up 100%. I head some, not all, but some sounds very very quietly in the background. So i figured that i should try my headphones instead. And it worked, i heard everything just as usual. Everything as it should be.

I then checked my speakers settings and saw that for some reason windows decided to aply my stereo setup as suround sound. Well i changed the settings back to "stereo" and in fixed everything. Everything sounds and works well again.

So all in all if anyone finds themselves in the same situation and reads this tread - the problem is most likely not the game itself but rather your pc pranking you for some reason. So check all settings regarding your sound system!

I hope i could help others as well!
This post has been removed.
1 yr ago (Statistics)