Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Project: Hit And Run Remake

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Idk anything about modding or making games so idk if what I'm about to say will be of any use but basically, I just saw a video of a realistic HD version of the level 1 map being used in GTA V. If there's some way you could take this map and use it for your project, it could be beneficial. Again, idk if its possible but heres the video just incase(the link to the mod is in the description) www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMkkB-sQUFg
IRLxBALLER, very cool video suggestion. it is 100 possible to just take the map and put it into my version, the only problem is a lot of the mesh geometry is dated and wasn't designed to be viewed from any angle or distance and i also personally find it would be more time consuming for me to rework it and increasing the detail than it would for me just to recreate all new assets. by recreating them i have made them all modular so it's easy just to snap and piece a map together when the time comes and easy for anyone to make custom levels if i do decide to release the project files.
Is this gonna be a full on remake like have all levels in one map (Like how gta works) or is it gonna be like u have the map full connected and have one character for each level and as u progress to the next level u are in the same full connected map but with a different character as that would be awesome and is the stadium from Level 2 gonna be accessible and Have the other part of level 7 accessible as i've always wanted to go in there and have the missing levels 8, 9 and 10 come back as there are files for those in the SHAR games install directory but empty apart from a very little amount of files and are u planning to aim bigger like take it to the newer game consoles like PS4, PS5 Xbox One and Xbox series X/S, Switch and PC (as i think would be sick to have in a remake) and have local and online story mode and bonus race tracks in multiplayer mode and new maps like springfield airport and shelbyville as that would be nice to have but I say keep up the awesome work and aim bigger man as SHAR really really deserves a remake on PC and the consoles that I've mentioned above and if u get it on Console and PC I'd buy it and play it all the time 100% Guaranteed.
kriswhite2, hi.

so...

firstly yes this is a full remake.

the idea is that map will be all previous level but connected.
as you progress through the story the date/time of day will change respective of the original.

all characters from the original game will be playable no matter the day/time and you can switch between characters at any point outside missions but only after they have been introduced as playable.

level progression missions are only available with the required level characters.

each character will have a set of bonus mission throughout the map and can be completed no matter the level or time if you switch to that character.

as for releasing it's not going to be a commercial release.

i've got a few ideas for simple co op and an online mode.
So I got this idea for a while for what the SHAR remake will be called. ok so are you ready?
The Simpsons: Hit and Rerun
It feels so good because the use of the word Rerun has terms with TV, and most of the Simpsons episodes pretty much everyone watches are Reruns of old Simpsons episodes. I felt so proud and funny when I thought of this name, it was so clever.
So why am I writing my idea here... well I heard you are making a SHAR remake during quarantine so I just thought I would just share my idea on what a SHAR remake could be called. You can use this name if you want, I don't own any copyright to the name whatsoever lol.
Blackapple64, hey! i love the title, been thinking about it myself but haven't found a name good enough.

will defiantly use it great suggestion :)
finished the core player controller needs polishing a little then can show a snippet of gameplay.

also started to block out the level and make some collectibles.

Screenshot
Collectable LardLad

It's a pretty incredible project in my opinion, it's something we fans have wanted for a long time. I will subscribe to the theme since I would love to see it in Remake form. I wish you good luck in your project and that you do very well in this quarantine. ;)
I reckon u should get it to all new consoles and pc if this remake is highly successful as it’ll be nice to have on the console but that’s just my opinion
hi, the problem with releasing the game is EA hold the rights, and would be illegal to release a commercial version due to copyright laws.
i'd be more than willing to work with EA, if one of us where to reach out to one another maybe.