Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Wrong Disc Inserted error

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hello there, just found your community and tool today! Very excited to try it out.

I downloaded the game from MyAbandonWare but I'm having some troubling launching the game. I followed the instructions here: Link removed by moderator. and used Daemon Tools to install. It seemed to install grand.

When I click launch in Lucas Mod Launcher, it gives me the error: 'Wrong disc inserted'.

Anybody have any idea of what I should do?

A guy had this problem and has this guide: Link removed by moderator.
which I followed up until it says download a crack, of course, I'd like to use the Mod Launcher to launch the game.
However, changing the .EXE of the game to Admin prompts a response in Lucas' Mod Launcher to tell me to turn off Admin permissions.

So I'm a bit lost what to do!

Seems to be a common issuse from the MyAbandonWare comments (not with the Donut Mod, just with the Simpsons Hit and Run game in general)

Many thanks of any tips!
Hey there, and welcome to our forums! Always nice to see a new face from word of mouth and I appreciate the steps given you took to run the game! I am afraid to be complient with the current IP holders of the Simpsons (Fox/Disney), and because it's difficult to verify if every installer out there is legitimate, we don't normally support or give out links to the game and I had to yank those. We don't think Disney is going to snipe us for it, but better safe than sorry. Sorry about that!

Regardless, I'm not sure why would would be getting that 'wrong disc inserted' error based on the description given. You should only have to install the Launcher and follow one of the two methods in order to run the game (either having Disc 1 inserted or using a No-CD patch - we should also have one pinned in our Discord). You shouldn't have to combine both as the No-CD patches out there completely bypass any sort of check. Because of this, I'd recommend sticking with the No-CD patch so you don't have to bother with setting up a CD everytime you want to play the game, especially if you backed them up legitimately.

Try downloading a version of the No CD patch executable again, and have it replace the 'Simpsons.exe' file in your directory. Then, go ahead and install the latest version of the Launcher. Once done, don't fiddle with the executable. The steps you might have found explaining that the game has to be run as Administrator are insanely outdated and not worth doing, as the Launcher takes care of that for you.

Launch the game, and retry it?

Lemme know if that helps!
Ah of course, sorry for posting the links!

Thanks so much for the help! It still wasn't working with a fresh install and Disc 1 inserted, but once i downladed the executable from the Discord, it worked perfectly.

Looking forward to trying out the different mods!