Forum Mod Bakery Docs

I can't save an edited car on the P3D editor

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I was trying to edit The Canyonero so I can make it a recolorable traffic car on the Pure3D editor, but whenever I try to save it as a p3d file, I get a message that says "This file is set to read-only" and I can't save it. And when I save it as a p3dxml file, the original red Canyonero appears in the game instead of the edited one I made. What should I do to make my Canyonero variant appear in the game instead of the original?
Right click on the Canyonero P3D file, go to properties and disable "Read-only".
I just tried this, and I tried loading the car into the level 1 traffic, and both were successful. But now I have a few new problems.

1. Even though I made the car recolorable in CustomCarSupport, and I gave the car a translucent grey color, the car only appears in it's grey form in traffic. Do I have to rename some parts in the P3D editor to get the car to be recolorable?
2. In the P3D editor, I edited the car damage textures and replaced them with regular textures, so the car will look as if it's not damaged at all even with smoke coming out. This part works fine, but the doors and the hood still open when the car is damaged. What can I do so that the doors/hood won't open no matter how damaged the car is?
3. How can I make the windshield and inside of the car look like the other traffic vehicles?
Hey there!

To recolor cars you will have to change your textures/shaders in your P3D file, for damage animations you may need additional scripts/objects.

For the windshield, you can copy the texture and shader then adjust them to be placed on your vehicle.