Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Now that custom maps are possible, what is one game's map that you want in Hit & Run?

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I agree the traffic isn't perfect, but, I don't think you realize that making the traffic be perfect 1. wasn't their intent with releasing this, and 2. is probably not worth it for the sake of what this was for. Little bit critical if you ask me.
@Derpygeta Impossible? That's a challenge to me now.

@Gibstack Mario Kart? This is a two day event after all.. ;)

@MultiFan I don't really know what game that is, but i'll look into it!

@SomeBot I admit traffic is a bit wonky, but I thought that added to the charm of the level. This is a Nintendo 64 map rip, it's adds to nostalgia feeling seeing some more wonky AI that newer games don't really have. And while I did not intend this when designing the map, it happened based on how the map is laid out and how the road nodes were made.

The missions were also designed with varying difficulties:
- Time Trial was the easiest, allowing players to get a feel for the new area.
- Jungle Race was the medium level mission, giving a cool race with familiar faces, and one new one! I really found this mission fun playing, but I am also a hardcore Diddy Kong Racing fan; so I apologise if you do not like it.
- Dino Rage! was created with the name "rage" in mind. I was able to beat it multiple times in a row, thus proving it was possible. While extremely hard at parts, I still think this is an awesome and rewarding mission. I will be raising the time limit slightly as even some of our developers are having trouble, though it is possible. Expect a patch released tomorrow.

This is the beginning of custom maps, and we'll iron out some of the things that need to be fixed. I find your comment harsh though, but I respect your opinion.
CITY ESCAPE

..In all seriousness though, either Yoshi Valley or Royal Raceway from Mario Kart 64 would be neato.
Rainbow Road would also be neat for nostalgia, but I'm not sure how well it would transition to Hit & Run's gameplay.
Maybe a simple version of the hub world from The Simpsons Game?
(It isn't in the PS2 version, only PS3, so I'm not sure how one would go about obtaining the model, or simplifying it for SHAR)
If Mario Kart maps were to ever be a thing (hm..) I hope Mushroom City is a thing, since that seems like the most usable-for-SHAR map. I'm sure I overlooked other good candidates, though. Can't wait to see what comes later!
I really like the idea that @TheKoopaKingdom had of porting The Simpsons game hub map of Springfield. However I would prefer the whole map rather than a simple version which he suggested (Mainly because the maps in SHAR are already a simpler version).
Do you think that the engine can handle the whole thing? It kinda sounds... Impossible *winks at Jake*
emm, now that ported maps are possible , is still not possible to merge all the 3 maps? (L1,2 & 3)
because it would be a awesome thing if it was possible!
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Loved to see liberty city on the game.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@Derpygeta, It could be, but the bugs would take months to get rid of and its not certain if the everything will work the same. Traffic would have to have its pathfinding redone, you'd have to somehow contrast the maps into one (which is hard). They could always look at the simpsons game map to find where everything goes (and to correct the road colours in the downtown area)