Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Donut Team: Tuesday Topics #1

Posted in Announcements
This topic has been locked and can no longer be replied to.
Hey everyone, this is Loren from Donut Team and we're starting a weekly blog post today.

You can read the first of such posts at this link and discuss it below!

We hope you enjoy it and look forward to seeing more in the future.

- Loren from Donut Team
I like the idea of the Community Releases page. I have some questions about it however.
  • I'm going to forget that it exists. Even a link to the main page won't help me remember it. Can there be a link to just the Community Releases?
  • Are you planning to add categories for community mods? So far, the list mostly consists of mission mods. The Fully Connected Map is the odd one out.
  • Will the authors be able edit anything to their mod pages? The staff may forget something or include something that the author may not like. (I'm certain that this will happen with two of my mission mods if they make it on the list.) Could the author do anything about it?
  • You said that you will add the pages. Are there any plans for normal members to submit their own?
  • Will smaller or older mods make it on the list (with the creator's permission of course)?
  • Will the Community Releases page have any affect on the apparently-stuck-in-end-of-life Content Submission System?

Also one more thing
This was partly why I made that third question.

This is more about the site, but...
  • I suggest making the vertical margin between content blocks a little bigger. It feels cluttered.
  • I had a bug earlier which I'm not able to replicate. I fooled around toggling between Light and Dark theme (stopping at light theme), went to a community mod page, went to a nonexistent page (404), went back to the page, and the site was suddenly set to Dark theme.
I'm going to forget that it exists. Even a link to the main page won't help me remember it. Can there be a link to just the Community Releases?

For now, I'm thinking of replacing the "Mod Resources" and "Games" links with one link to this page instead.

Alternatively, I'm also thinking of moving the Mods/Tools/Mod Resources/Games links to the forum sidebar to declutter the navbar.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of these proposals.

Are you planning to add categories for community mods? So far, the list mostly consists of mission mods. The Fully Connected Map is the odd one out.

At this time, I opted not to because I thought it may be overkill for the amount of content on the page currently though I may go ahead and add that since you immediately brought it up as a concern.

Will the authors be able edit anything to their mod pages? The staff may forget something or include something that the author may not like. (I'm certain that this will happen with two of my mission mods if they make it on the list.) Could the author do anything about it?

Currently, these are just made up of static data the new about site loads when it starts.

That said, for this first batch, I did reach out to everyone and ran everything by each creator before making the pages so it should all be stuff that was approved by them.

On that note:

Also one more thing

Gonna jump ahead a little bit to say I apologise for missing you on the authors list for ALLN. I have corrected it to include you now.

Anywho, back to your list of feedback:

You said that you will add the pages. Are there any plans for normal members to submit their own?

As stated above, all the data for this is static.

I plan to talk about this more soon but I hope to break ground on Mod Bakery next month, which will have user submitted content and release pages like these that can be self-managed. Basically, you can think of these pages as a sort of interim solution to promote community content in the meantime.

Will smaller or older mods make it on the list (with the creator's permission of course)?

I don't see why not if a creator wants their content listed here and can provide the info required (just a short summary and at least 1 screenshot).

Will the Community Releases page have any affect on the apparently-stuck-in-end-of-life Content Submission System?

This ties into my above note regarding Mod Bakery, which will (probably) be the only replacement for the Content Submission System.

I suggest making the vertical margin between content blocks a little bigger. It feels cluttered.

I have to go to sleep after writing this for work tomorrow but I'll try to play with the margins soon to get it feeling a little more comfy.

I had a bug earlier which I'm not able to replicate. I fooled around toggling between Light and Dark theme (stopping at light theme), went to a community mod page, went to a nonexistent page (404), went back to the page, and the site was suddenly set to Dark theme.

That's strange, I'll try to keep an eye out for weird behavior like that. Do let me know if you find a reliable way to replicate it.
Some updates:

Alternatively, I'm also thinking of moving the Mods/Tools/Mod Resources/Games links to the forum sidebar to declutter the navbar.

I went ahead and went with this approach for the time being.

At this time, I opted not to because I thought it may be overkill for the amount of content on the page currently though I may go ahead and add that since you immediately brought it up as a concern.

I've gone ahead and reworked the Community Releases page to have more categories for mods among some other improvements to.