Here's the moment, you've all been waiting for. Mod Jam 2021 #2 is officially announced!. There will be no registration on this one, as this is free entry competition (and mostly everyone signed on via discord, so yeah).
Since the summer is over, autumn blues are manifesting, it's time to reminisce the good, warm and fun times during summer. But to keep the ugly cold away, I'm taking DonutTeam Community Modders on a Tropical Getaway!
So, as I mentioned, the theme is Tropical Getaway. I am revisiting Colou's idea of one mission mod, so this competition will be exactly that.
- The mod MUST include 1 mission
- The mod MUST include a new tropical map OR a tropical revamp of OG maps (just replace trees with palms and something else maybe, make it tropical)
- The mod MUST include a new character costume and/or vehicle (bonus points will be given for any additional vehicles/characters)
As previously, bonus points will be awarded for any additional assets (characters, vehicles, props, roads and such and so on, you know the drill).
- 1st Place - 10€ Steam gift card;
- 2nd Place - 5€ Steam gift card;
- 3rd and below - well... a feeling of accomplishment, satisfaction, a badge and.... literally nothing material, sorry. :D
Duration: the time for development for this contest will be given 2 WHOLE WEEKS. So, the entries must be submitted BEFORE September 22nd.
I hope I mentioned everything. Any questions can be left in the comment section or contacting me on DTcord or my personal discord MorganVain#7480.
So... this is the moment we all been waiting for. It's time to announce the winners!
Here it goes:
Here it goes:
- 1st Place - Jay with Operation: Think of the Children. I really liked the reference to the show, did not expect the secret tunnel and a secret area in general. The map is very well made, there's some traffic, big nice beach. Most points are for the map, but some weird crash occured before and doing M2 (the one with Krusty). Also, the added collectibles were a really nice touch. Good job!
- 2nd Place - Tay with Paradise Cletus. The map is also amazing, getting high Florida vibes, and love the animated water. However one point of the map resulted in massive frame drop, but I'll let it slip. The Cletus, Apu and generic character costumes are nice, added traffic, LOVED the jetski race. This came very very close to being in first place, but some things weighted it to second. Amazing job whatsoever.
- 3rd Place - Maz with Dog Days. The map is small and simple, but with some nice details, I really loved the added traffic for background scenery. The race was nice, minor AI fails. The new vehicles were really nice (would've removed the coffin from the hearse tho). The mod is very nice and was fun to play, despite the AI f*****.
- 4th Place - Weasel with Archipelago. A big potential for higher place was ruined by the low poly map. the map itself is really nice, quite fun to drive through (despite the volcano climb, which I kept flying off), but the low poly textures set me off, didn't feel as fun, didn't feel tropical nor SHAR-ish. Comparing to Maggie's Hot Dog dream, I honestly expected more and did not quite enjoy the Archipelago as much. Random FNAF reference was quite out of place.
- 5th Place - Mochapoke with Homr in Sandy Chores. The mod was sorta fun, I enjoyed the message of our poluted beaches and oceans, so I mostly enjoyed the mod due to that. But yeah, minor map changes were cool, the mission might've use maybe more functions. Overall, this was a very nice mod, I'm very glad to see you progress in modding, keep up the good work!
Best of luck to all of you, have fun and most importantly...