Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Help! A troublesome error!

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
The hack is to override the requirement to have an audio device yes, if you have one and just want it silent I'd suggest muting the game in the Windows volume mixer or similar to avoid upsetting SHAR.

Usually when it asks to insert CD 1 what it really means is a file (audio, etc) is not found, so it could be a mistake/mod error instead of actually the CD not being there.
You in general might prefer not having the CD and have a full install of SHAR (nothing from CD) and using the no-CD patch to remove the final checks.
The hack is to override the requirement to have an audio device yes, if you have one and just want it silent I'd suggest muting the game in the Windows volume mixer or similar to avoid upsetting SHAR.

Usually when it asks to insert CD 1 what it really means is a file (audio, etc) is not found, so it could be a mistake/mod error instead of actually the CD not being there.
You in general might prefer not having the CD and have a full install of SHAR (nothing from CD) and using the no-CD patch to remove the final checks.

Thanks for all the answers there.

Since I legally own a copy of The Simpsons: Hit & Run on PC (which is what I once bought from 2003 and still have it right now), I'd be interested to know how to play SHAR "CDless", or by applying the no-CD patch. Something like those. Then hopefully this crashing error won't commence at all.

Since I legally own a copy of The Simpsons: Hit & Run on PC (which is what I once bought from 2003 and still have it right now), I'd be interested to know how to play SHAR "CDless", or by applying the no-CD patch. Something like those. Then hopefully this crashing error won't commence at all.

I think Lucas' Mod Launcher has one built-in, to allow you to play without the CD

I think Lucas' Mod Launcher has one built-in, to allow you to play without the CD

Really!? I must know! :D

OK, so... I've been trying out which settings of the Mod Launcher can play SHAR without the CD needed, but I still get the "No CD inserted." message pop-up. Could it be a mistake, or am I missing the wrong feature? I really want to know what it is, or how to find the best tool for applying a no-CD patch. It's definitely better to play this game CDless, and also not just that the error may never appear again when playing, but probably also I won't have to put up hearing the drive noise when a game CD like this starts to run, each time I click the "Launch" button in the Mod Launcher.

Can any of you people provide the simple instructions to me on this? Much appreciated, thank you.
Apologies for the rather late reply! Somehow this comment had slipped past me.

You can grab the cracked executable from here. Simply save it over your regular Simpsons executable and use the Launcher as normal.

If you haven't modified your installation directory when you installed the game, it would be located in the following directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Vivendi Universal Games\The Simpsons Hit & Run

When Windows asks if you want to replace the Executable, go ahead and click 'Yes'. You really don't need the original executable anymore, but you can back it up elsewhere if you ever want to run the game again with the CD requirement.

Enjoy the game without that noisy CD drive in the way!

You can grab the cracked executable from here. Simply save it over your regular Simpsons executable and use the Launcher as normal.

If you haven't modified your installation directory when you installed the game, it would be located in the following directory:

When Windows asks if you want to replace the Executable, go ahead and click 'Yes'. You really don't need the original executable anymore, but you can back it up elsewhere if you ever want to run the game again with the CD requirement.

Thanks, but... Page wasn't found in that "here" link. :/

Apologies! The link was previously working when I had used it to write up that post.

I went ahead and updated my post to use a new link frommy personal Dropbox instead. Just choose the 'Direct Download' option and follow the instructions I linked earlier. Bam!

Hopefully that helps!

Apologies! The link was previously working when I had used it to write up that post.

I went ahead and updated my post to use a new link frommy personal Dropbox instead. Just choose the 'Direct Download' option and follow the instructions I linked earlier. Bam!

Hopefully that helps!

YES!!! I did it!! Now I can finally play SHAR without the CD needed! Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction, Kenny dude! :D :D :D ^_^ ^_^ ^_^