Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Game Boy Style Family Sedan (v1.2) Now with more Homer!

Please login to contribute to the conversation.

Game Boy Style Family Sedan adds a retro style car to the game (does not need direct light in order to be viewed properly).
Version 1.2 adds a costume for homer so he can get in on the retro vibes.

the car can be purchased from Gil on Level 1 for 89 Coins.
the costume can be purchased from the Level 1 costume shops for 89 Coins.

FEATURES:
  • A colour pallet that mimics the original Game Boy's Dot Matrix Screen.
  • A simple dithered environment texture has been added to the car for extra effect.
  • As it gets damaged, the car looks more corrupted.

Spoiler: Changelog
(Version 1.1)
adds a green outline around the car to help make the steering wheel and seats more visible.

(Version 1.2)
New Homer costume added. Check it out at the costume shops on Level 1 for 89 coins. (Blame Maz)(Thanks for the idea).
Removed lighting from the GB Sedan and GB Homer as i think it looks slightly better? at the cost of lighting (tested on level 7 doesn't look too bad.) THE GREEN MUST BE SEEN!
Added the missing audio for the GB Sedan (WOW i missed that! serves me right for playing with sound off haha) (would like to add some bit crushed sounds in the future).
Re-did the phone booth car preview pictures to get them looking a bit better.

This mod is a result of learning how to add custom things to shops.
If you would like to use this mod or its textures in your own mod, please go ahead.
(there is an UV unwrapped Homer in the files somewhere).

Nice!
I've seen this but forgot to reply earlier, anyway. This was a nice idea & a pretty good use of the shader filter mode! I love stuff like this, maybe you should give custom skins a try as well & make a model of Homer that goes with this car. Very very nice.
Nice!

I've seen this but forgot to reply earlier, anyway. This was a nice idea & a pretty good use of the shader filter mode! I love stuff like this, maybe you should give custom skins a try as well & make a model of Homer that goes with this car. Very very nice.

Thank you.
custom skin for homer ay. yeah that sounds cool, i have some ideas for how i could do that,
to get a good result i would need to UV unwrap homer, that way i can sort of draw some details on him.
maybe move around some parts like his hair to be more square.

EDIT:
Phew done. that was fun
had some problems with homer's eyes not blinking with the new textures. not sure what i did but they just started working lol.
another problem i had was for some reason the game kept wanting to shorten my file names? so 'h_gbhomer_m' would become 'h_gbho_m' not sure what was going on there maybe i just wasn't paying attention to the file names. either way i conformed to the demands of the game and now it is done.
in the future i would like to add custom animations for homer and possibly bit-crushed sounds for both the car and homer. i am not sure about how to do that yet.