Forum Mod Bakery Docs

My rant.

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Here I've decided to share my personal issue outside of Donut Team, with the "Rant" flair I chose, as maz himself offered to me in suggestion. Just my first-time practice doing this.

On a site I come from, named DeviantArt, this particular problem I have is... Not many people there want to, or are interested in, contributing me with lots of art views, favourites and watchers. I've been on DeviantArt for 2 years since I joined it, and even with a fair amount of my work I posted there, the public views for them are really not that much (2K, 3K or 4K), the faves are only below 100 or 50, and my amount of watchers/followers is only 106 right now.

Yeah... To be honest, this is all so unfair to me, because of seeing other people (even my friends like jhilton0907, for instance) being very lucky in having lots more of those social statistics than mine's, such as 5K pic favourites from other users or 950 watchers. Because of this, I (sometimes) get annoyed and jealous about it, making me think, "Why? Why are that many people not wanting to show interest in me and my works? Is it because I don't look great, am very poor, or don't match equally to them? And why only a little amount of comments received, too?"

But it's also the fact (to my current knowledge) why DeviantArt itself has apparently lost a lot of its popularity over these recent years for like...no reason at all. Yep, that even includes another fact why some or most people there never respond to me when I tried meeting them in a note (even kindly), as well as when I make a comment on their published artworks, they still don't do so, nor other users that that pic isn't theirs do, either.

Still... Talk about ridiculousness and full of weird mysteries, as far as this entire world is concerned. I also think, "Why is it that people are so lucky in receiving a massive amount of watchers ever since they joined DeviantArt many years ago? It must of given them a good start or something." -_-' T_T*

That's all I can try to explain in my rant here. I hope you enjoyed reading and understanding, at least.
I'm not much of a DeviantArt person myself, I've been on the site very few times in the past. Do you advertise any of the DeviantArt stuff on any social media? (Big ones, eg. Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, anything I guess.) It's not about people not being interested, but mainly people not acknowledging your content. There's possibly many communities that would be interested in your content, but they might be unaware of it. I suggest looking around Twitter or Facebook or something, for communities or group that might have the same interests as you. You could showcase your content to them! One other thing I would recommend would be to have a Discord account & search for such communities. Just like us, there might be many other communities, on different matters, maybe even Star Fox.
I'm sure some people out there would appreciate your content, it's just hard to find such people though if you're not actively looking for communities :)
I really hope you can find some community related to the stuff you do on DeviantArt & I wish you luck in doing so.
And if anything, when you have concerns or might feel down or scared to enter any community, you could come around here & rant a little if it helps you feel better!
Much luck to you & let me (or us) know whenever you need some help!
-maz
I'm not much of a DeviantArt person myself, I've been on the site very few times in the past. Do you advertise any of the DeviantArt stuff on any social media? (Big ones, eg. Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, anything I guess.) It's not about people not being interested, but mainly people not acknowledging your content. There's possibly many communities that would be interested in your content, but they might be unaware of it. I suggest looking around Twitter or Facebook or something, for communities or group that might have the same interests as you. You could showcase your content to them! One other thing I would recommend would be to have a Discord account & search for such communities. Just like us, there might be many other communities, on different matters, maybe even Star Fox.
I'm sure some people out there would appreciate your content, it's just hard to find such people though if you're not actively looking for communities :)
I really hope you can find some community related to the stuff you do on DeviantArt & I wish you luck in doing so.
And if anything, when you have concerns or might feel down or scared to enter any community, you could come around here & rant a little if it helps you feel better!
-maz

No I don't advertise DeviantArt stuff on any other big site, but OK, I could try doing that. Although, certainly not Reddit for me, because I discovered that site is very cruel in receiving insults, so I hate that place, really.
I consider my work in restoring antique model trains to be an art form, and construction of a suitable railroad layout using tools and materials available in the 1940s to be an art form as well. Call it 'Mixed media on plywood'. When I was a bit younger I too got jealous of people who got far more attention than me, there are guys on Youtube with these awful click-bait titles like "Antique train from the 1980s can it run again" or something equally dumb, and the comment sections have viewers fawning over this junk, and the work done is, to put it blunt, sub-par.

I realized something though, some years back. Art is not a contest, whatever the media. Be it painting, sculpting, digital, or my trains, or whatever, it is not a competition. No prizes for most viewers or fans. My work is done for my satisfaction, and the restortaions I do for others, it is for their satisfaction and enjoyment, my enjoyment is secondary in that case. Heck, ever see the Latin phrase displayed at the beginning of MGM films when the lion roars? Ars Gratia Artis. Translates into art for art's sake. Good words to keep in mind. Yes we create so others may enjoy (And this applies just as much to anything created in mods here as it does any form of art) but in the end, we create because we want to. If you're happy with what you have created, if you enjoyed the time spent creating, then that is the most important thing.
-maz

And even if I did share my content to other communities, not all people will be friendly to them. Some will talk badly about them, more or less, which is why I think, "Is that the thanks I get is negativity rather than true praise and honourship?" Yes, I really hate getting insulted, because it's that feeling of not deserving anything good, and why. -_-' Personally for myself, if I do get a bad comment from a bad person or stranger, I'd choose to delete that comment, and maybe also block that person if he or she is really getting more horrible on me. I prefer to have only the nice comments and people on my work, and that's final.
To be honest, I agree with you, AshleyGamer1995. Me too, I prefer only a good person on the comment, after all.
To be honest, I agree with you, AshleyGamer1995. Me too, I prefer only a good person on the comment, after all.

Oh well that's nice to hear an agreement from you. ^^