Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Can't load/use Cheat Engine... Help, please?

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I downloaded this (CheatEngine73.exe, 3,274 KB) from their site, and just tried double-clicking it on my computer. An error (with a cross in red circle) appeared and said, "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.", then I clicked the OK button and that was it.

Any of you having this same issue too? Is there a way to ignore or correct this and use the tool? I'd be interested to see what Cheat Engine offers for Simpsons: Hit & Run.
This was the error message. I captured this window using Snipping Tool.
If you're using an antivirus, you could add the software to exclusions then attempt to run it.
Here's a very useful link that has a cheat engine table you could use for SHAR. There's many other things you could do with it however(which will require you to look through the game's memory or whatever).
Big thanks to @Addy & @Lucas Cardellini for the table.
If you're using an antivirus, you could add the software to exclusions then attempt to run it.
Here's a very useful link that has a cheat engine table you could use for SHAR. There's many other things you could do with it however(which will require you to look through the game's memory or whatever).
Big thanks to @Addy & @Lucas Cardellini for the table.

...Exclusions? You mean that's a folder? I don't get it.

EDIT: Ah, forget it now. I've just somehow managed to scan it, and Cheat Engine finally worked. But, sadly I had to give up on it already, as it's just more into numbers, bytes and values, rather than actual cheat codes. I must of expected too much anyway. -_- :/