Forum Mod Bakery Docs

I have a problem...with trying to launch the original Sims game.

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Ah yes, the first ever Sims game by Maxis, on PC. To me, that was the best game in the TS series, especially for its music, atmosphere and expansions.

But, unfortunately... There's this technical issue with compatibility on newer computers like Windows 10 I'm currently on. First of all, I decided to look for this game's physical disc copy (The Sims Deluxe Edition) in the garage I had for a long time, and I found it and putted it into my laptop's disk drive. The InstallShield Wizard appeared and I proceeded to install the game. It worked and finished normally. Now, I tried double-clicking the game, or even selected "Play" in its launcher menu, and it won't start. Firstly this silly "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" message popped up, and then the Program Compatibility Assistant app showed. I tried using the recommended settings and so on, but it still won't begin. Also oddly, the yellow User Account Control window, which said "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?", will not do anything helpful too, or does nothing at all, regardless of "Yes" or "No" clicked on.

That sucks... I would of liked to revisit this great game for fun, and just for something to do if I get bored. Yes, I know the game was meant to run on Windows 95, 98 and XP originally, and that there's the new Sims 4 game on Steam, but... Surely there must be some possible way to make this game launch and run on Windows 10 the same way to how it did on older computers, right? If Simpsons Hit & Run as an old game still works on modern computers, why not other classic PC games like Sims as well?

Oh and another reason why I'd like to play this first Sims again is to try out those neat looking items I've just downloaded from Lucas Stuff (lucasstuff.com/simsObjects/) recently. You know, the sports car, decorative truck, dishwasher, diving boards and others.

So... Can any of you help me with this problem? Offer me the secret way to making this game launch anyway? I would appreciate playing my favourite game here again.
Come on now... I really need help on this. It's serious.
To be quite honest, I wouldn't expect to get help for this on this forum. Surely there's a Sims community that would be able to help you more?
To be quite honest, I wouldn't expect to get help for this on this forum. Surely there's a Sims community that would be able to help you more?

Sorry about that. Well, I just thought I'd post this to the Off Topic board, 'cause of Sims not being Simpsons-related. :/