Forum Mod Bakery Docs

I've returned to Discord!

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Just downloaded its app for use outside of the internet browser and installed it. Luckily my old minor records were still there from 2020 that I once left Discord. :)

But, since I'm not much experienced with Discord and how it all works, I would like a warmup guide on getting started with finding public communities to chat with, and if they have the same interests as I do, ones like Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Pokémon, The Sims, whatever. Also to share my commissioned artwork from DA to others and seeing if I could get more attention and popularity that way. So on and so forth with learning more about Discord as I attempt to refresh myself with it.
I have my own server called "Games + Art + Characters" (discord.gg/bU5veSeq), but... I haven't had anyone comment there. Or...is it only for friends? And why can't I chat on the "Club Nintendo" (discord.gg/luigi) server too? For some reason, though I joined this server, the text input box at the bottom is unavailable for me to chat with the public. =/ I dunno... It all just seems to be a lot confusing to me, about trying to actually speak with the public on Discord generally speaking, rather than friends. Or something.

Again, I don't clearly understand about Discord and how to get things right. Just seems rather complicated for me. Sorry. :(
Hi, we also have a Discord server which is the easiest way to get to us (and a lot more members that don't visit the forums too much!)
Oh, and sadly, I have a problem encountered today... I'm locked out of Discord now, unless if I "verify" my account using my phone number and entering a 6-digit code. Well I tried, the phone number was easy, but not the code, as I can't seem to find that anywhere. I dunno... Maybe it's because my phone is out of date or something? Even I don't intend to use mobile phones either. Sorry. :(

You heard this, maz? I can't get back into Discord. I have to wonder... Is this a mistake I've been given? :/
I'm sorry to hear that!
I think your code should be sent as an SMS, to your phone number, unless you have 2FA activated (in which case you'd have to use an auth app that generates your 6-digit code).
I don't really think an out of date phone is the issue, but you never know.

Try resending a verify request, double check if your phone number was entered correctly.
If that oesn't work either, try checking if your phone only allows phone calls from contacts, maybe that could be blocking discord from sending you an SMS.
I'm sorry to hear that!
I think your code should be sent as an SMS, to your phone number, unless you have 2FA activated (in which case you'd have to use an auth app that generates your 6-digit code).
I don't really think an out of date phone is the issue, but you never know.

Try resending a verify request, double check if your phone number was entered correctly.
If that oesn't work either, try checking if your phone only allows phone calls from contacts, maybe that could be blocking discord from sending you an SMS.

My phone number was entered correctly, I double-checked it. But still can't work my way through to finding the verification code. Nope, I tried looking into "Three" app, WhatsApp, and regular email, but nothing. :( What is SMS and 2FA, by the way? :/ And even I tried asking my mom about this and suggested to use her phone number instead, but...because of how touchy she can be to me, with all this "look you can't chat with people online it's not worth anything" explanation of her's, it just makes my chances more difficult and hardly any good idea to resolve this issue and get back into Discord again. In fact, me and her had a terrible argument over all of it since two days ago now, and I felt...very sad. I even did my best to explain to her kindly that I don't really do much of Discord, just sticking to my server, as well as always being aware of the worst things around, but she couldn't accept it from me, and still talked like nasty at me. Sigh. :'(
Also maz, since I cannot talk at Discord, I'll have to mention here instead - I'd like to suggest a couple more new ideas for making Krystal an exclusive playable character in SHAR. If possible, make her eyes blinkable, and give her custom movement and idle animations, like walking, running and jumping. The only pose I can show you as reference is her running style from a fangame called Super Smash Flash 2. Here's the screenshot of it.
Note: Of course she's pixelated, but that's just the way playable characters in that 2D fangame are. You should still see it well, from what I meant.
Also maz, since I cannot talk at Discord, I'll have to mention here instead - I'd like to suggest a couple more new ideas for making Krystal an exclusive playable character in SHAR. If possible, make her eyes blinkable, and give her custom movement and idle animations, like walking, running and jumping. The only pose I can show you as reference is her running style from a fangame called Super Smash Flash 2. Here's the screenshot of it.
Note: Of course she's pixelated, but that's just the way playable characters in that 2D fangame are. You should still see it well, from what I meant.

I'm not very good at animating. I can see the eyes blinking done, but I don't think I could get any proper animation done.

I'm not very good at animating. I can see the eyes blinking done, but I don't think I could get any proper animation done.

Oh, OK. (Maybe someone else would?)