Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Should there be a mod for accessing the unused teleport menu?

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Yeah, I personally believe it'd be a great alternative this way, instead of having to use CheatEngine for it, so that with just enabling a mod like this, you can go straight to the teleport menu in any phonebooth and pick whatever destination to travel in the level. But also ideally, if it is possible, fix the bugs themselves, which are the camera, menu loop scroll to the left, ambient lighting, ambient ped groups and ambient music.

What do you think? Should this dream mod come true? I think it would be like a definitive one too, with not just having the teleport menu easily accessible without CheatEngine (while still replacing the All Bonus Cars submenu), but also correcting its bugs as additional improvements to make things more interesting.
I think it'd be neat and convenient for a hack to access that menu to exist (especially since mods can customise it and that has potential), however I don't really know how fixable any of the menu's issues are beyond the lack of reverse scroll looping. They aren't really bugs, moreso just side effects of how the teleport menu works: it teleports the player from where they are immediately to the area chosen in the menu, meaning the camera has to catch up (though I suppose maybe it could be programmed to reset the camera instead) and that the triggers placed near enterances to areas to change pedestrian groups, lighting and audio don't get hit.
I think it'd be neat and convenient for a hack to access that menu to exist (especially since mods can customise it and that has potential), however I don't really know how fixable any of the menu's issues are beyond the lack of reverse scroll looping. They aren't really bugs, moreso just side effects of how the teleport menu works: it teleports the player from where they are immediately to the area chosen in the menu, meaning the camera has to catch up (though I suppose maybe it could be programmed to reset the camera instead) and that the triggers placed near enterances to areas to change pedestrian groups, lighting and audio don't get hit.

Yeah, true.

...Although, coincidently with another game out there, Sonic 3D Blast on Mega Drive, its original programmer, Jon Burton, had did quite a marvelous job in hacking that game to improve, add more stuff and fix bugs. So yeah, it's an interesting story to note, for sure. :)
yez