Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Game never progresses past first screen

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi all,
I decided to boot up the game after not playing it for a while.
The game launches, but never progresses past the first screen - the one that says "20th Century Fox."
It worked previously. I wonder is this is an issue with Windows or some component updating in the time I wasn't playing it?
All help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Hello there, welcome! Are you using the mod launcher to run the game? Also check if you have the console on, disabling it sometimes helps.
Hi, thanks for answering!
"Console and Logging" is not enabled.
Thanks!
Are you trying to run the game on Windows 11? If so, could you try this hack? (You should put it inside the "Hacks" folder next to DLLs and Mods in your mod launcher - create it yourself if you don't have it)
To enable it, go to the "Unreleased" page of mods and tick the box.
Let me know how it goes!
Sorry, I'm using Windows 10. I appreciate your help, I'll fiddle around with it some more.
Ok I let it run for a while out of curiousity and after several minutes it loaded, which is very odd, but solved, I suppose. I will try to make the game load faster.
Ok I let it run for a while out of curiousity and after several minutes it loaded, which is very odd, but solved, I suppose. I will try to make the game load faster.

Hi,

The hack that Maz shared does also affect some instances of W10, so you should try it and see if it resolves that issue for you.

Thanks,
Josh