Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Looney Tunes: Vehicular Velocity (Announcement)

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
''Your Desphicable!'' This mod is great.
Update time! This one's almost on the one year anniversary of the mod's announcement.
All the missions in the first level are practically finished (give or take some ambitious ideas that will be completed at a later date).
So I was initially aiming for a mid 2023 release. At the time, that seemed plausible as I was working on the mod non-stop. While it's not progressing at the insane speed it once was, it's still moving at a nice leisurely pace to the point where I can assume it will be out by the end of 2024 (unless something happens to halt progress). Since the last update, only a handful of new missions have been added. However, there's been a larger emphasis on advancing the look and feel of the world.

Characters have had a great deal of focus put on them, to the point where pretty much every one that could possibly be included has been (special thanks to Nightbane for rigging almost everything). The world is starting to feel more populated with all these fully voiced personalities yelling at you as you drive past them or knock them down. This has also boiled over into the costumes. Bugs and Daffy now have a full set of 12 costumes each (with a possibility of more in the future). While the screenshots below don't show everything, they show a nice chunk of what's been done.
Spoiler

The retexture, while still nowhere near complete, has made some notable advancements since the last time I showed it off. Specifically, Krustylu (retextured here into the Warner Bros studio lot) has been fully completed. Editing the map is my favourite part as it allows me to shove in as many references as possible, even down to the colour of the curtains or the names of the different studios. In these screenshots, you can also make out a glimpse of Daffy's default car (special thanks to Hell Inspector for the model and rig).
Spoiler

Next, let's take a look at a sneak peak of a completed (yet unpolished) mission.
Spoiler
Best of the Beasts:
What would a mod be without a giant monster? Gossamer is after your brain, and it's up to you to dispose of him through any means necessary. I hear he's all hair, so you could try shaving him down to nothing. Or maybe just scare him, he looks squeamish enough.

So that wraps up another quick update to prove the mod isn't dead. By the next one, I hope to have a handful more missions finished as well as some custom buildings and cars roaming the map. Until then, here are some further screenshots, just for fun.
Spoiler