Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Best of both Games

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
So TSHAR has the best gameplay and open world to roam, but the characters are quite basic in design and detail.
But all the characters from TSG look way better and way closer to their cartoon counterparts.
So I was just wondering if all the Character Models from TSG could be ported over to TSHAR (with cell shading).
And any of TSG character models that don't have a TSHAR counterpart will just replace the generic pedestrians instead.
Because we already have a mod that gives TSHAR the models of Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge, & Apu... And the inconsistency of seeing the other characters not matching them is jarring.
there already is a mod out there by hell inspector.

forum.donutteam.com/forum/topic/4059-the-simpsons-game-model-pack
there already is a mod out there by hell inspector.

forum.donutteam.com/forum/topic/4059-the-simpsons-game-model-pack

Yep, that's the one I mentioned above. But I'm looking for a mod that replaces all TSHAR character models with TSG character models. Not just the main characters
I'm not entirely certain if this in an adequate answer to your Mod Request, but there is a Work In Progress Texture/Cutscene overhaul mod that El Gato Del Tejado is working on to give the game more of a cel-shaded look that more closely matches the actual show!

It's currently using The Simpsons Game models that The Hell Inspector imported into SHAR (as linked above), alongside creating texture edits to bring the game closer to the look those models provide.

The huge kicker with the mod is that the FMV video cutscenes are being re-animated to look like the actual television show itself, instead of using 3D models. It's a huge undertaking, but I've been really impressed with what Gato has produced so far knowing the animation work has been done by himself. It's probably my biggest grievance visually with revisiting Hit & Run - the 3D models look fine, but don't really show much emotion in terms of facial expressions.

The mod is still a work in progress, so some things are not yet finished (most notably, the pedestrian models have not yet been tackled). It might be close to what you want if the mod does end up getting finished, however. It's a lot closer in style to The Simpsons Game and works nicely with those models (I imagine character lighting is still planning to be tweaked as the mod is developed further). I do realize that this does not have all The Simpsons Game models in place yet, but felt close enough to your request that I wanted to mention it!

(Edited the post slightly to elaborate on what I meant by grievance and to add an addendum to my last paragraph. Apologies.)
I mean, I am following El Gato Del Tejado's progress with this mod, and it is definitely close to what I'm looking for.

The only reason I'm wanting all TSHAR NPCs replaced with TSG NPCs is because TSHAR NPC models are very lacking in detail and their eyes are essentially painted on, instead of being 3d and rounded. Where as TSG NPC models are so detailed that they almost match their cartoon counterparts.
I can't promess anything but i'm editing those TSG character models form hell inspector to try to make the more show acurate and plannig to add the costumes and if everything goes well I would like to do other characters.

[deleted user]
3 mos ago (Statistics)