Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Where is the best place to download shar?

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I used to use a old copy of the game, but It doesnt work anymore, if you guys have any recommendations on where to get the game, please tell me.
Hey there, and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, the PC release of Hit & Run was never made available officially on any digital storefront. While the game can be classified as 'Abandonware', we try to avoid offering direct download links to the game to minimize risk of upsetting the current copyright holders later down the line (Disney/Fox). Apologies! I understand this response might be a bit disappointing to hear.

I am curious, however. The 'old copy' you have is a PC release of the game, correct? If so, you might want to try a couple of disc cleaning methods or a disc resurfacer to see if you can get the discs clean enough for the installation process to work. After that, there are versions of the Simpsons.exe executable that remove the disc check (which Lucas' Mod Launcher supports). You'd just have to install the game, then replace the executable and no longer have to worry about the discs. It might be worth a shot to try to clean the discs before giving up on them outright.

You can also head over to the Discord if you have further questions. Some users might be able to assist with issues you're having with the discs!