Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Minefield

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I know there's a mod with the same name, but I can't imagine what other name reflects the mod's essence better than this one. I hope Addy doesn't mind

Have you ever thought about driving around and hitting mines that explode under your vehicle and throw it up? With this mod it can be possible!
It generates "mines" and scatters them on random positions on the ground every time the game loads a zone to the map. You can adjust density of their distribution with mod settings and also make them visible (if you want to avoid them for example). It also works in the Bonus Game, but in this case it spawns mines only once per racing session (until you exit a race and start a new one)

Some notes:
  • Zone loading time is slightly increased
  • Due to SHaR physics, mine explosion sometimes can either have no effect on your vehicle at all or launch it far away to the sky
  • Setting "One mine per * m2" to 100 can cause crashes

There are some other silly side effects like self-exploding mines that are close to each other or other collisions, or explosion effect not rendering at all sometimes. Not everything worked out the way I planned. But nevertheless I decided to release it as it is. I hope at least someone will have fun with it.

Thanks to Josh / Proddy, EnAppelsin and Lucas Cardellini for Lua P3D Lib used in the mod to dynamically add mines props to zone files.

Download

Crazy. Not even a minute into the preview video and I already love what I'm seeing.
It will sound crazy but i'ts not a bad mod, actually it's very genious!