Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Convert to RSD for conversations

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I have a .wav file and I need it for conversations between homer and marge, I tried putting it in the RSD converter but it seems like it outputs a RSD4PCM but I think it needs a RSD4RADP, when I tried putting the PCM audio in the conversations folder it just crashes, when I tried manually hex editing the file and putting "RSD4RADP" in instead of "RSD4PCM" at the start, marge just plays really loud noise.

How can I create this RSD4RADP file?
For use in the Windows release of The Simpsons Hit & Run as audio, your file should meet these requirements:

• 16 bits per sample, signed PCM.
  • Sample rate of 24000Hz (unless the maximum supported sample rate has been increased via the Custom Audio Support requireable hack).
  • 2 channels (stereo) if intended to play as a music track or as background ambience, otherwise 1 channel (mono) for all other use cases.
  • RSD4PCM encoding, if being contained within an RSD file (RSD4RADP is one of their console-oriented formats, I believe). If you wish to forego using a RadSound file, you may use the requireable hacks FLAC Support and/or OGG Vorbis Support.

If your audio file does not meet these requirements, audio editing software such as Audacity can be used to make a conforming version. RSD conversion (with RSD4PCM encoding) can be done using Lucas' RSD Converter.
The quoted post is unavailable.

I have tried using the OGG option as it seems easier, I have now put in the ogg files and set them in the dialog.spt. But when I try to start the conversation this happens:
imgur.com/Z6xgTPC

They stand there and the camera doesn't move and they don't say anything.
I have set the name of the conversation in "SetDialogueInfo" already.
nevermind, i just had a typo in the dialog name. BUT IT WORKS!!!
(RSD4RADP is one of their console-oriented formats, I believe)

That's not quite true. The PC version uses both RSD4PCM (for music/sound effects) and RSD4ADP for dialogue. The difference is that RSD4PCM is encoded in PCM format (i.e. uncompressed audio), while RSD4ADP is encoded in ADPCM format (i.e. compressed audio). The RSD Converter only supports RSD4PCM, but that's fine since the PC version can use both RSD4PCM and RSD4ADP interchangably. Plus, RSD4ADP's compression kinda sucks anyway so there's no real reason to use it over OGG which offers both better audio quality and lower filesizes.
The quoted post is unavailable.

Oh, whoops, I had missed that detail. Thanks for the correction.