Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Fog Effect

Please login to contribute to the conversation.

This mod is a standalone version of the fog effect from Storm Over Springfield. I originally made this at the request of @LiquidWiFi , but I figured why not release it publicly as well?

The mod also has a couple of settings you can customise:

Fog Scale - Allows you to modify the scale of the fog effect, i.e. 1 is normal, 2 is double the size, and 0.5 is half the size.
Disable Jump Cameras - Disables all Locator Type 4s (Spline Cams) and Locator Type 12s (Static Cams) around the map, as these can often cause the fog effect to break.
Disable Pan-in Cameras - Disables the pan-in cameras that play upon selecting a mission, or starting a Street Race, for the same reason.

Here's what the fog effect looks like with the scale set to 4x, for example:

Or at 0.5x:

Special thanks to @Josh / Proddy for creating LuaP3DLib which makes this mod possible, and also for letting me steal borrow code from his Dynamic Scaler mod for the fog scaling setting.

Important Note: The fog effect will look signficantly worse when using the Direct3D 9 hack on all versions of the Mod Launcher 1.26.1 or below (i.e. all currently available versions of the Mod Launcher). This is due to a bug with the hack that will be fixed in the next release.
This is very good! ☁
I had managed to make this fog effect before this post (on my own, adding 3 separate fog layers as 'skin'), but this convinced me more than my recreation 😮🙃
Nice Job, Colou! 😀👍🏾
what a clauds