Forum Mod Bakery Docs

The Simpsons Road Rage E3 demo files

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Not sure if anyone could find a use for these, but here are all the files to a fairly early RR build presumably shown at E3. The P3D tools do work with the files, but the levels don't render the textures (perhaps Lucas could fix it?). Be aware the game won't run on a normal Xbox. You'd need a special dev kit for the Xbox (looks like a PC tower)

mega.nz/#!UoNjhAjY!57zbro_NJXqanzgxdcU1E51BLwk0PVJsVmmCiUv1les

A video of the game in action:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrprkQ5MLBg
It seems Lucas' RSD Converter doesn't recognize the RSP files... now how am I supposed to rip those quotes where some robot says "homer_driver_big_bump_#"?! (I know it's not this version, but you know what I mean, right?)
Didn't try the quotes with that RSD converter. I actually imported them into Audacity using the "Raw data" import option:

Signed 16 bit PCM
Little-endian
1 Channel (Mono)

Start offset - 0
amount to import - 100%
Sample rate - 22000

the sample rate varies between some lines for whatever reason. The only interesting things in the audio department is a few of the songs are placeholders using some songs, such as "Two tickets to paradise" and "Take me home tonight" by Eddie Money, and a few others.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@SimpsonsRoadRage interesting... Didn't think these placeholders would exist. I just need to figure out how to play this on my modded xbox!
@hipporeno, won't be do-able. The hardware in the dev kit compared to the retail is drastically different from what I know, and as such you need a specific alpha dev kit. There aren't many out there apparently. The only possibility I can see is building a replica of the dev kit, though it won't load the games if I'm right due to the sound card being some wacky proprietary part, thus that part can't be found in the public market, though apparently there are people on ASSEMBLERGAMES trying to replicate the original card exactly, so yeah.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@SimpsonsRoadRage I hope they can replicate it!
does anyone still have this so i can download it? the link is no longer working
@BaseCrunch See hiddenpalace.org/The_Simpsons:_Road_Rage_(E3_prototype)