Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Replacing dumpster dialogue lines

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hello, dear DonutTeam!

I'm facing a problem when replacing dumpster dialogue lines, such as El Barto Dumpster (Level 2, Otto lines w_doorbell_oto_seaside01-06, otto folder) and Barney Dumpster (Level 3, w_doorbell_brn_dumpster01-05, barney folder).

I'm using .ogg files for modding as mr. tay explained here - forum.donutteam.com/topic/6023/1

His method works just perfect with all dialogue lines in the game, but when I try to replace these dumpster dialogues, the game continues to use the original dialogues and doesn't see the new lines, although I use mono tracks, 24 000 Hz and the length of the original and new tracks is the same, up to milliseconds (every change is made with Audacity)

What could be the problem and solution here?
I think the issue might lie with the exact files you're overwriting via Custom Files - all "dumpster" Gags source their interaction audio/dialogue from files located in "sound/soundfx/interactive_props" (in the vanilla game this is housed within "soundfx.rcf", but within a mod it'll just be another folder series within "CustomFiles").

The "w_doorbell" dialogue variants found in the dialogue folders/RCF files are unused, and they notably lack the echo effects/knock noises, I believe. You'll want to replace the actual files described above.

Here's a snippet from the SPT script that happens to set up the sound resources for handling these dumpster Gags (each relevant Level's MFK scripts will assign a sound resource name when setting up the Gag).

create daSoundResourceData named gag_lvl2_dumpster
{
    SetStreaming ( true )
    SetTrim ( 1.000000 )
    AddFilename ( "sound/soundfx/interactive_props/gag_lvl2_dump_01.rsd" 1.000000 )
    AddFilename ( "sound/soundfx/interactive_props/gag_lvl2_dump_02.rsd" 1.000000 )
    AddFilename ( "sound/soundfx/interactive_props/gag_lvl2_dump_03.rsd" 1.000000 )
    AddFilename ( "sound/soundfx/interactive_props/gag_lvl2_dump_04.rsd" 1.000000 )
    AddFilename ( "sound/soundfx/interactive_props/gag_lvl2_dump_05.rsd" 1.000000 )
    AddFilename ( "sound/soundfx/interactive_props/gag_lvl2_dump_06.rsd" 1.000000 )
}
create daSoundResourceData named gag_lvl6_dumpster
{
    SetStreaming ( true )
    SetTrim ( 1.000000 )
    AddFilename ( "sound/soundfx/interactive_props/gag_lvl6_dump_01.rsd" 1.000000 )
    AddFilename ( "sound/soundfx/interactive_props/gag_lvl6_dump_02.rsd" 1.000000 )
    AddFilename ( "sound/soundfx/interactive_props/gag_lvl6_dump_03.rsd" 1.000000 )
    AddFilename ( "sound/soundfx/interactive_props/gag_lvl6_dump_04.rsd" 1.000000 )
    AddFilename ( "sound/soundfx/interactive_props/gag_lvl6_dump_05.rsd" 1.000000 )
    AddFilename ( "sound/soundfx/interactive_props/gag_lvl6_dump_06.rsd" 1.000000 )
}
The quoted post is unavailable.

Thanks for your help, Addy! It worked!!!