Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Simpsons Hit & Run Springfield Map IRL

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I'm gonna get myself a 3D Printer, but I'm still no good with anything like Blender, Unity, or any other forms of modelling software. So what I was wondering was... Is it possible to take the map, vehicle, and character model files from Hit & Run and turn them into 3D printable files?

Also how would I determine the scale they would be printed at? Because I'd want the Map to be quite big, but still small enough to fit in my room, then obviously I'd want the Vehicles and Characters to match the scale they'd be in the Map.

Is any of this possible? And I'd use the "Fully Connected Map" as my 3D Springfield so the 3 sections would be linked.

I'm aware I'd have to chop up the whole Map into connectable sections to print out one at a time, and I'd definitely have to do some work on the Out Of Bounds areas to smooth them over and make sure there's no buildings clipping through each other, but I'm willing to learn if it means I can play Simpsons Hit & Run even during a power cut.

I mean, at that point I could probably just turn it into some kind of board game?
Good night! 😀🌃
 Is it possible to take the map, vehicle, and character model files from Hit & Run and turn them into 3D printable files?
Although I don't have a 3D printer, in theory you can print a 3D model of SHAR, but keep in mind that it will take a long time for them to be printed, that is, many hours. 😅
Also how would I determine the scale they would be printed at? Because I'd want the Map to be quite big, but still small enough to fit in my room, then obviously I'd want the Vehicles and Characters to match the scale they'd be in the Map.
I don't know how to answer you, but calculate the size of your room with the scale you want it to be so that it is not disproportionate. 😌
I mean, at that point I could probably just turn it into some kind of board game?
The idea would be very good, good luck with it! 😄
I hope I have helped you with my answer, have a good day 😉
"Although I don't have a 3D printer, in theory you can print a 3D model of SHAR, but keep in mind that it will take a long time for them to be printed, that is, many hours. 😅"
Perfect. And the time won't bother me... I have lots of free time to spare.

"I don't know how to answer you, but calculate the size of your room with the scale you want it to be so that it is not disproportionate. 😌"
I just meant in terms of, does the software have specific size settings? Or do I need to actually resize the digital model? Stuff like that.

"The idea would be very good, good luck with it! 😄"
Thanks. If I can turn it into a board game, it would definitely be a unique one.
To 3D print you'll want to export the models into an STL file, I think Blender can do it
Usually there's some default scale but the 3D printing software (such as Cura) can rescale it down to fit your 3D printer
Also it will probably take days to print, but it's certainly a fun idea!

The normal scale of SHAR models and maps is in metres, so you can work from there to rescale it to whatever fits :)
The quoted post is unavailable.

Sounds good.

The whole map will have to be chopped up into connectable segments, my 3D Printer will be quite small... But I don't care how much time it takes to 3D print the whole thing, I'm doing it. And I'll be recording it for YouTube too.