Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Status Update #4 (4 April 2016) - New Mods & Donut Mod Info

Posted in Announcements
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Greetings community, I'm here to bring you this biweekly status update featuring a couple new mods and a bunch more information about Donut Mod.

See you again in a couple weeks with another status update.
As many of Springfield's factories are rail served (As evidenced by the sidings with freight cars) would you like any assistance with textures for cars and locomotives on sidings? I did once retexture the moving car in Level 2 to look more like an early diesel locomotive, so I do have some experience with textures (Also once redid all the billboards in the game too).
Looks good cant' wait :D
@Trainman84 Do you have any of your work you can share? I'm somewhat interested.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
The idea of having this theme for the new map is great. I also agree with what Trainman says as in the future this could make it easier to join the maps from levels 2 and 3 together (level 2 having rails and level 3 with the krusty studio being next to the factories). Just wondering though what will happen Mission wise? the first 3 levels were mostly reworked versions of the original missions. will this be the same for the new map or will you do something new? Will this also mean that you will remove the level 4 cut scene from the mod?
Loren,

I think these will show correctly. Reskinned the moving L2 car to look like a "Boxcab" yard diesel from the 1930s. The side artwork repeats more than it should (Repeating once - total of two doors - would actually be accurate). The same texture was used for the roof it turned out. Also is an example of my very first attempt at modifying textures. The L in Lionel Hutz is now the logo from the Lionel Train Corp., a famous maker of model trains (Of which I am the fourth generation in my family of collector).

I'd say that car looks alright. The texture problems you had with it aren't relevant with a custom map since we could just model a similar looking box car.
I used an image of the locomotive, that was public domain, to make the texture. I'm thinking of photographing models to retexture other cars in the yard. It was basically a first attempt, and apart from the roof, I was pretty happy with it.