Forum Mod Bakery Docs

I finally have a gaming PC

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
I will share my awful specs.

3.6 Ghz dual core AMD 5400K APU (I have a dedicated gpu tho)
1 GB GDDR5 Sapphire HD 5770 Flex Edition
16 GB DRR3 Ram
1 TB HDD WDC
Windows 8.1 (10 is basically Microsoft's spyware, READ THE PRIVACY POLICY, "we can change these terms, in good faith...")

Just have to get new mobo to not be bottlenecked, and cpu too. But my mobo has only FM2 sockets, so it's meh!
Your specs aren't bad, just need to upgrade a few things for it to be steady.

> we can change these terms, in good faith
Donut Team's "Our Privacy Policy may change from time to time either because of changes to our services or laws.". Essentially the same thing as any other terms of service.
Congrats!

My specs aren't really worth noting, since I have a normal laptop.

>buy a 1tb hdd for general storage
YES! I upgraded my 1TB HDD to a 240GB SSD, and it was a great decision, even if I had to install 3 different OSs on it...
Now, my 1TB hard drive sits in an external enclosure, and I keep my ISOs, music, ect. on it.

Next time I need an upgrade, I'm just gonna build my own gaming PC, because upgrading this laptop is a huge pain.
Well, might as well post mine here. Not trying to increase my e-penis by doing this or anything, but it's just in case you're curious.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3.40 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti

Also guys, have any of you played the new DOOM beta? Because I'm having some trouble running it, basically it's just at a piss poor framerate really. I don't know what the deal would be even though I'm pretty sure my specs are fine enough to run the game.
I've never had much interest in Doom, but I can run iRacing at a quality never before seen on my laptop and at 84 FPS steadily with no stutters
Another question for people who actually understand computers, unlike me. My motherboard only has 1 USB connection, which is what the front-facing USB 2.0 port was connected to. I have an expansion bay that adds a few flash media slots that I like to have, and it connects to that same USB connection on the motherboard. I'd like to have both available, even though this expansion bay has a USB 2.0 slot on it which works fine. On Amazon I found the following:
NZXT IU01 Internal USB Expansion
USB 2.0 Internal Motherboard Extension Cable
Which in theory, should allow me to connect both at the same time, correct? I know the expansion bay works, I have that plugged in right now. I'm not really sure if I will need the cable, because I'm not very computer literate. I do know that the motherboard USB connector is 9-pin.
Also, I ran into a bit of trouble with my HDD; I couldn't get a power connection to it. Right now my disc drive is completely unplugged and my HDD is using the plugs (Power and SATA, but I have another SATA cable) that were used with my disc drive. I found this:
RiteCable (2 Pack) Molex to Dual SATA Power Splitter Cable Hard Drive HDD SSD
Which should allow me to plug my HDD into a power cable where my hard drives are actually supposed to be, correct? There is a white ended plug at the bottom of my case (Where my hard drives should be) that is from my PSU, so I'm assuming that is what would plug into this, right?
Sorry if any of that doesn't make sense

Don't really need the power splitter anymore, I re-routed some wires and got my HDD where it belongs and my disc drive back. But I could still use it
Bump: A bit late but I recently upgraded too.

Intel i7 5930k @ 3.5 GHZ (Can OC to 4.8+ ghz)
2X16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2666 MHZ RAM
Nvidia Geforce TITAN X 16 GB
3 TB HDD
Windows 10 Home

I'll be getting a ssd soon because the one I ordered was misplaced during shipment but I got my money back.

EDIT: Also a lot of credit to @Loren Goodwin who actually helped me with picking parts and gave me tips with my build.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
Just got a Dell Inspiron 3650
It has:

Intel Core i5 6400
Nvidia GeForce GT 730 2 GB DDR3
1 TB HDD 7200 rpm
Windows 10
CyberLink PowerDirector 12 (YouTube stuff, you know this...)

I guess the GPU will bottleneck, IDK.

cheers,

hipporeno