Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Something I noticed about making music mods

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Normally, these stupid posts of mine involve begging for help due to some problem I was crying over, but this time, I'm just pointing out something.

I was experimenting with a new soundtrack to possibly add to SCMMusic Initial Edition (it's just a name change, not a new music mod), and when I replaced one of my existing soundtracks with one that's bigger in size (or just simply longer), I let it loop about 5+ times. Afterwards, I paused, entered/exited a vehicle, and the game didn't give me that "PLEASE INSERT YOUR G****** DISC ALREADY" message, no matter how many times the soundtrack looped.

Could that mean that in our RMS files, we could just set those reverse-ordered hex values for a soundtrack's size to an even lower value?

For instance:

7C FE 22 01
to
01 00 00 00
or
7B FE 22 01

This would definitely be a lot better than just having to go through that tedious process of finding the hex values for our custom soundtracks and stuff like that. Of course, it's most likely safer to do it the way we normally do it to this day, but who's to say this method isn't satisfactory?
This is one of those things you either do right or don't do at all. If you don't have the correct file size you will corrupt the game even if it's not very obvious you're doing so.