Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Creating a Mission: The Basics

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
This post has been removed.
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Are eddie_race and m4_wiggum_carstart actual locations mentioned in your mission's .p3d file? If one of them isn't in the .p3d file, the game crashes.
forget it , it was a Bad thing in P3D File , like that the checkpoint where i go talk Eddie has the Park Car thing and the Police Car doesnt have it in P3D File
I need help, I'm trying to make it to where the player has to enter the Kwik-E-Mart in level 7 to collect a map but whenever it switches to that stage, the game crashes. I did include the map's P3D files (hudicon and mesh stuff), and the Kwik-E-Mart P3D files (hudicon and kwk_door.p3d) and I'm confused what's causing the crash.
Paste the script or screenshot it on here, you may of entered a function wrong
AddStage(1);
   SetHUDIcon( "kwike" );
   SetMaxTraffic(2);
   SetStageMessageIndex(102);
   AddObjective("interior","neither");
      SetDestination("KwikEMart", "kwik_mission_doorstar"); // use name of interiors entry locator
   CloseObjective();
CloseStage();
AddStage(0);
   SetStageMessageIndex(77);
   SetHUDIcon( "map" );
   AddObjective("goto");
      TurnGotoDialogOff();
      SetDestination("m5_map","map");
   CloseObjective();
   ShowStageComplete();
CloseStage();
AddStage(0);
   SetStageMessageIndex(12);
   AddObjective("getin", "neither");
      SetObjTargetVehicle("current");
   CloseObjective();
CloseStage();
This post has been removed.
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
That wasn't exactly the first stage of the mission, I copied it over from L1M0 and it comes after the actual first stage of the mission (which is still labeled as AddStage (0); ) and leaving the rest as AddStage(); didn't fix the issue. It still crashed on me 
@thundergivesmeglee - Does it crash on the first stage (where you have to enter the Kwik-E-Mart) or on the second stage (where you collect the map)?

@EternalHD - Actually, the numbers inside the parenthesis on the AddStage(); lines don't matter. They can be anything, and the game won't care!
@legomariofanatic it crashes on the stage where you collect the map.