Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Physx problem ( Accelerations )

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
We can fix screen tearing in the future, but we can't fix the physics issues. Just deal. At least we're able to make this game run mostly properly.
Yeah, and that is more than enough for me, I can play it again now :)
As a workaround:

If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 with Aero enabled or if you have Windows 8 or newer, you can enable the "Borderless" hack and run the game at your native resolution and in windowed mode. This will prevent screen tearing because the desktop is running at vertical sync.

In the future, there should be a vertical sync hack.

Thanks,
Jake Andreøli
Co-Founder of Donut Team
Nice, I've tried it and the frames still are not as smooth than without a fps cap but it is loads more playable. This is the best state to play it in because the physics are fixed and the screen tear is bearable. Thank you for this tip and I hope to see a v-sync hack soon :D
Glad to hear it's playable. This game has lots of noticeable issues of varying severity both above and below 60FPS so it's best to keep it around that range. Lucas has an experimental Vertical Sync hack already so like Jake said, expect one in the future.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
I had the exact same issue when I installed the game on my PC few years ago. On my laptop, it runs fine, I have no weird psychics with car accelerating so fast on a ramp but I still needed to run game in compatibility mode or use Lucas Launcher to make it working, otherwise I'd get long loading times and roads disappearing, just like the OP. Here are my OSes:

My PC OS: Windows XP SP3
My laptop OS: Windows 7 Home Premium
Everyone has this issue, not just you and OP. Loading times are fixed by running it in compatibility mode or using Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher which is the recommended way of fixing it.
Weird, i never had any of those issues, even loading times weren't all that slow. Hmmmmm...?