Forum Mod Bakery Docs

A few questions...

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hey guys!

Just updating the mods, now I'm starting to play again! Just a few questions that crossed my mind..

1). When looking at the Mods and Hacks folders, there are a total of 39 files, but only 19 are showing up on the Mod manager, are some not meant to show for a reason?

2). More specifically what do these mods do? Some descriptions were not specific enough, or they won't load up.

Console (How do I access?)
Hack Support
Lua Support
MultipleInstancesSupport
Text Names

And why in two folders?

3). With me preferring a game pad rather a Mouse & Keyboard. I was able to get all controls to work on it, all but the start menu to respond to the start button. Doesn't seem to be a way to make this work, in theory can I make it work with it?

4). Where has Winter theme gone? When would it come back?

5). When I open the Trick or Treat 2015 mod, the whole game crashes within a second of start up. Any ideas?

Thanks, Ryan
3. This is a limitation of the original game, and a mod to fix it hasn't been made yet. For now, you can use joy to key.

4. IIRC, it was removed because it only supported levels 1 and 2.
Well hopefully a mod could be made for this one day! But why not keep it on anyway? Just keep note of which levels. Wish i hadn't deleted it now.

Thanks Anyway!
1. Lots of hacks have to be explicitly required by mods to be enabled and are not treated as Mods the user can toggle in the mods list. CustomHeadlights for example. Some hacks are treated like mods and can be toggled in the mods list. Like Borderless and Widescreen.

2. Let me explain:
Console: When enabled, the game will start with a console window the Game, Hacks, and Mods can output debug information to. By default it only outputs stuff from Mods but you can change it in the settings if you want.
Hack Support: Hack Support is the central hack which is required for every other hack to work, it adds hack support to the game to explain it in the simplest way possible.
Lua Support: This contains code for Lua Environments. This hack does nothing on it's own and is only referenced by other hacks like CustomFiles.
Multiple Instance Support: This allows you to run multiple instances of the game side by side which doesn't work by default. It's not usually useful but you might want to sometimes.
Text Names: This makes the game display the Key names for text instead of the actual text, it's useful for finding names for use in the CustomText hack.

There's 2 folders because the launcher ships with some basic mods that are not hacks. Hacks contain code injected into the game by Hack Support, while mods don't inject any code to the game but use features of various hacks to override files or tweak various aspects of the game.

3. As far as I can tell from what Lucas told me, around the time when this game was made there was no actual standards for pause buttons on controllers on Windows. This would've made it tricky for Radical to support all the controllers around at the time. It's very possible they do support at least one obscure controller that exists somewhere, but we haven't found one that works yet.

A good workaround is using JoyToKey to map your controllers start button to the Escape Key.

4.It's gone until it's actually updated.

5.That's a very good question. Can you elaborate on that more?
Thank you for answering all the questions accurately! I would normally use JoyToKey for games unable to use game pad but didn't think for the start menu! Thanks :)

Well with the Trick or Treat Mod crash, I simply load up the mod into the game, within a second of the Simpsons Copyright screen before the Main Menu, an error comes up saying this application has crashed, then i close it. I tried with all other mods disabled in case of any confliction and still same results. But works perfectly without it on. Would the error reports be any use maybe?
Yeah I'm not too sure what's up with that. Now that I try it myself it seems to do the same for me, it didn't do this the last time I tried it so I'll look into it some.
At least it isn't an isolated problem, well for me anyway. Would you like to upload a link to dump files?
No, I looked into it and it appears to be an issue with redirecting the camset files (or maybe redirecting files in general) using PathRedirections in Mod Launcher 1.13 or newer. The mod works if I disable my redirection of the Camset/Main Menu Homer. Conveniently this is the one feature of this mod that isn't optional.

I'll release an update to the mod soon which changes it to use a Lua Path Handler which should allow the feature to work again and also allow it to be disabled if you'd prefer that.