Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Homer's Head

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
The Infosphere, Futurama Wiki, and all other forums state that Homer Simpson's first appearance in the Futurama Series was as a Head in a Jar in the Head Museum in "A Head In The Poles"... But I have rewatched that scene extensively on Disney+, DVD, and YouTube, but there is no actual evidence that this claim is true.

Is this some kind of Mandela Effect or Gaslighting thing? Because I cannot see Homer's Head in that episode at all. And if his head was never in the episode, why would these sites claim that this episode was his first official appearance in the series?
I think you might be misremembering it with a wiki page mentioning Apu's head - Fandom page.
I don't think it's very certain or clear that it is Apu, but I hope this answers your question.
Quotes from futurama.fandom.com/wiki/Homer_Simpson

(Background Information
First appearance - A Head in the Polls)

(In the future
By 3000, Homer had returned to the future but by this point he had lost his body but he is now living head which was preserved and Homer was on display at the Head Museum in New New York City on Earth.)

Quote from theinfosphere.org/Homer_Simpson

(Appearances
"My Three Suns" (1ACV07) Episode (profile)
"Mars University" (1ACV11) Episode (doll)
"A Head in the Polls" (2ACV03) Episode (head in a jar)
"Monkey Sea, Monkey Doom!" (US#001) Comic (head)
"The Time Bender Trilogy: Part 2" (US#018) Comic (mentioned in speech only)
"Somewhere Over the Brain-bow!" (US#X01) Comic
"Liquid Diamond Is Forever!" (US#X02) Comic
"Slaves of New New York!" (US#X03) Comic
"The Read Menace!" (US#X04) Comic
"Simpsorama" Episode)

I only know all this because as I type this, I am gathering a list of characters from these sites for my Futurama Game Fanscript, while watching my Futurama DVDs at the same time.

When I reached Homer Simpson, I was expecting him to have only appeared in Simpsorama, but as you can see above, he is supposed to have appeared as a Head in a Jar in "A Head in the Polls".