Forum Mod Bakery Docs

It's the Cell-Shading effect, but stylized and cute 😻

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Do you like that 3D cartoon effect from games like 'The Simpsons Game' or 'Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild'? But the SHAR mods that use this effect only place the outline of some character and nothing else. No shadows, no glitter, nothing. And for that reason, it's not pretty to look at... 🙄 Until this mod arrives! 😲

Don't worry, this mod greatly improves Cell-Shading! This effect applies a brightness that contrasts between a dark and a light part, which makes the colors more vivid and similar to the animated series. 👀💛

Features:
  • Improvement and highlights the colors quite a bit! 🤩
  • This effect is applied only to the characters that you can control in SHAR (Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge and Apu), and not only the first clothes they are wearing, it is even applied to all the clothes of the characters. 🤑
  • (For the modder), it's such a simple Shader that if you don't like how it looks, you can modify only one of the textures, changing width from black or white and don't lose the Cartoon touch! 😉
  • It is decompilable. 😀

Screenshots:
Spoiler

Download: Here!

Remember, if you see or notice an error in the mod, you can report it here in the comments, or on the Donut Team Discord server (Both without going too far), I'm more attentive in those places. That is all, Goodbye! 😀👋
That's quite nice! Dare I say though, you should give a little bit of color to the shading for each level to match the ambience.
Maybe do it manually or use lua to read the light color from the terra files and apply them on the shaders when loaded
The quoted post is unavailable.

Good morning Maz! It makes more sense with Lua, since trying to manually modify (color the texture with the shader) would imply that the same colored texture affects the character at all levels (1 to 7). 😯
As for Lua, I am not yet aware of the functions of such code to adapt the effect to the environment of each level. 😅