Forum Mod Bakery Docs

My custom car mod crashes when selected from phone booth.

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I've followed a tutorial on how to add a custom car into the game, I haven't changed the actual model yet I've used the Hearse as a placeholder. I must've gone wrong somewhere because when I select it from the phonebooth the game crashes. If I had done it right the hearse icon would appear in the phonebooth. If I upload the file of my failed mod here would someone be able to look at it and find my mistake and how to fix it?
Hey there, BigBritishBloke! I apologize for the late reply. Welcome to the forums!

Based on the screenshot you sent in your forum reply, I think I understand the reason for the crash. The 'tiny husk icon' issue occurs if the game can not find a valid 'Sprite' that shares the same name as the car itself. Even if a P3D that shares the same name as the car itself exists in 'art\frontend\dynaload\images\cars2D', the game will crash if the cars2D p3d sprite isn't the exact same name as the car P3D itself:

Spoiler: Example

So it's quite possible the issue is that you forgot to re-name the Sprite accordingly. The Sprite itself does not have to be changed (it can still be the Hearse if you need it as a placeholder), but you'd have to right click the sprite, and choose 'Rename'.

If you're confused, I also wrote a tutorial about how to add custom cars half a year ago that's also based on Maz's work. Skip to 'Step 3' in my tutorial, as it explains how to rename the Sprite using P3D Editor 4 and shows an example of a properly re-named Sprite using images.

Hopefully this helps! If you're still having issues, could you please upload the mod itself to a file sharing website for me? Thank you!

Edit: Turns out the example I embedded in the spoiler wasn't working at all. Fixed that.
This post has been removed.
6 mos ago (Statistics)
Ignore this whole post I've managed to fix it by following the tutorial again. Turns out I did forget to rename the sprites and a few other things. Thank you for responding!
No problem! Glad to hear you got it all sorted out!