Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Multiple conversion WAV to RSD of ALL WAV files in one folder

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hello everyone!

I found once a topic that shows a way for multiple conversion RSD to WAV using .bat script

forum.donutteam.com/topic/4033/1

But I wonder if there's a way for a backward conversion of all WAV files in a folder to RSD similar to the previous one, or is there a way for Lucas RSD converter to convert many files that I'm not aware of

Thanks in advance :)
Hi,

If it's for a mod, you can always use in your meta.ini

RequiredHack=FLACSupport
or
RequiredHack=OggVorbisSupport

That way you wouldn't need to go back to the RSD format, as you can just use .ogg or .flac for the audio files instead.

As for batching back to RSD i am unsure. But hope the above helps out!
The quoted post is unavailable.

It's not quite for a mode, I just want to revoice the game in another language, so in the end i just convert WAVs back to RSD and all resulting RSD's are packed back to dialog.rcf, and the original dialog.rcf in the game folder is replaced with mine. That's the only change I'm going to make in the game. Is your option suitable for this case?

P.S. I never did modding in the game except from this one, so I have a silly question - what is meta.ini? :) Couldn't find it in game folder or in my documents
That's a valid way of doing it for sure. There's many ways of doing this. :)
I would recommend making it into a mod so that you aren't replacing the base game files. Especially if you start changing some other files.

The meta.ini file is within every mod and contains the title, description, hacks that the mod uses etc. There's a number of hacks you can use to make modding easier and allows for further functionality.

For example the OggVorbisSupport hack, allows you to use .ogg audio files instead of .rsd.

Spoiler: Mod setup

1. It's not too hard to get setup. You'd want to download and run the launcher first if you haven't already:
modbakery.donutteam.com/releases/view/lucas-mod-launcher

2. Your mods folder will be here: Documents\My Games\Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher\Mods
(Note: This is not the mods folder within the launcher folder and will always be at this path)

3. Create a folder in the mods folder. Name it anything would like.

4. Create a meta.ini file in your mod folder (Make sure it has the .ini extension)

5. Paste this in:
[Miscellaneous]
; The actual title of the mod displayed in the Mod's list.
Title=Example Mod

; The name used internally to refer to the Mod.
InternalName=ExampleMod
Description="My description"

; Hacks for your mod to use
RequiredHack=CustomFiles

; Optional. Allows for the use of .ogg or .flac audio files
RequiredHack=OggVorbisSupport
RequiredHack=FLACSupport

5. Create a CustomFiles folder in your mod folder. Should look like this:

Example mod
---- CustomFiles
---- Meta.ini

That's the base of your mod done! If you open the launcher you'll see it. You can start making changes now!

6. Now you can put that customised 'dialog.rcf' file in your 'CustomFiles' folder.

7. With your mod checked, launch the game from the mod launcher. You should see the changes you made without needing to replacing the root game files!
Treat CustomFiles like your game root. So if you had dialog.rcf in your CustomFiles folder it'll use that instead of the one present in the game root.

If you have a number of these 'Conversation' files. You could place them in 'CustomFiles/Conversations'. That way you don't have to put them back in the .rcf file.

If you follow the same structure from it in 'CustomFiles' the audio will run just fine.
So if you have: CustomFiles/Conversations/c_icecream_1_convinit_mrg_l1.rsd
Would also replace the game audio with your modified file.

And if we had the OggVorbisSupport or FlacSupport hack. We can use .ogg and .flac instead of .rsd. So:
  • CustomFiles/Conversations/c_icecream_1_convinit_mrg_l1.ogg
    or
  • CustomFiles/Conversations/c_icecream_1_convinit_mrg_l1.flac

Would also work, without needing to convert back to .rsd (Could save you alot of time if you were editing mass files)

Follow the above if you wish. No worries if you don't. If your way is working fine then good! But something to look into if you were say to edit a number of files!

Useful links:
docs.donutteam.com/docs/lucasmodlauncher/mods/installing-mods#where-do-i-put-mods
docs.donutteam.com/docs/lucasmodlauncher/mods/creating-mods
docs.donutteam.com/docs/lucasmodlauncher/mods/configuring-mods

That SURELY accelerates the process! Thanks!!

P.S. I still don't get, how the mod recognises folders such as "conversations" as if they were in the game root folder. Turns out that I can add a folder with car sounds, as well as dialog.rcf so it will look like:

Example mod
---- CustomFiles
--------dialog.rcf

OR/AND

--------Conversations
--------Carsound
---- Meta.ini

But it doesn't replicate the original game folder structure, which is:

The Simpsons Hit&Run
----Dialog.rcf
--------Conversations
----Carsound.rcf
--------Sound
------------Carsound

Perhaps it's not necessary to know, but maybe the understanding of how it works will help avoiding errors and file conflicts in the future.
I'm glad I was able to help!

.rcf files aren't treated like folders. You can just ignore them when replacing files.
Treat it like the contents of the .rcf files are extracted to the game root.

So if i were to replace a carsound I would do

CustomFiles
-- sound
----- carsound
------- cletus.rsd

But yes, apart from that. It will be the same folder structure. Can be little confusing but hope you're able to do what you wanna do a bit easier!

Now I feel things have become much easier for me. Thanks for your help!