Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Lisa's Email 👧💌 (Campaign Mod)

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Homer, after completing a race organized by Milhouse, receives a call on his cell phone from Marge Simpson; He must come home to do her a favor. Homer, after arriving home and fulfilling a favor for Marge about taking Lisa's mail to the mail delivery building, arrives at his job, but does it wrong and is fired from the nuclear plant. He was sadly driving home, but on the way Homer is amazed to see Cletus' car, he wants to have it no matter what, but not before fulfilling his favors. But when he did so and arrived at Cletus' house, he was suspiciously leaving his house with a woman in his car, and after following him, you won't believe what Homer Simpson found and saw! 😨😱
Help Homer complete each of his impulsive decisions after seeing that horrible moment, which will lead him to legal trouble and break the dignity of Bart, Lisa and Maggie forever! 😔

Features:
  • You can only control Homer Simpson!🧔
  • The atmosphere is daytime. ☀
  • It is a campaign mod that has 7 missions; an optional but important mission to understand the story, a clandestine event mission and 5 main missions. 🤑🤯
  • The mod uses the level 1 map, and partially uses the level 2 map for some missions. ☀⛅
  • The characters have such an impressive 3D cartoon effect (Cell shading), on a level similar to "The Simpson Game"! 😎
  • Throughout the story, SHAR cutscenes are mainly 3D and real-time, meaning FMV cutscenes are very rarely shown in the mod. 😲
  • The main menu and important interiors are improved thanks to the brightness, and new interiors such as the police station are included. 👮‍♂️
  • Some new songs added, but maintaining the characteristic essence of SHAR. 🎶🎵
  • Excellent custom animations in character conversations in missions. 🕺💃
  • Some graphics enhanced with brightness, such as objects, interiors. 😉
  • Some characters changed their appearance like Skinner and other new ones like the Robot Wiggum, who are present for the sake of the plot. 🤖
  • Some unused GAGS were restored and improved here! ☺

These are some screenshots:
Spoiler

Download: Coming soon!

That is all. Goodbye! 😀👋
This sounds really interesting! I can't wait to see what this mod will be like soon when it comes out!
This mod looks very interesting, it will be worth the wait :D
Echoing what was stated before me, the initial premise sounds pretty interesting and I'm liking what the screenshots show off so far! While I am aware that the Cel-Shaded models for the characters that the mod is using aren't anything new, I still think the effect they have looks pretty good. Liking the other stuff you've created before being utilized as well with the more complete Simpsons Household interior. I'm also really interested to see how the new dialog stages will look in motion. Not a whole lot of mods I can think of from the top of my head really played with a whole lot of custom animations alongside custom scenery like in the screenshots provided (a black void). It definitely seems pretty cool for cinematic purposes when framed correctly! It's definitely very unique on that front.

Perhaps a silly question, but I am noticing through the screenshots provided that some of the models present (Principal Skinner and Robo-Wiggum) use the new Cel-Shaded style as well. These characters are actually not currently in the model pack from the older forum post. Is there a plan to go back and potentially add these new characters as well to this pack for those who want to use them? I really quite like the style and would love to see if that can encourage use of it elsewhere. I had also briefly experimented with using them in Frink-ality (as long as I'm still breathing that thing is technically alive - I had an update I wanted to share but stalled on writing that document). Having a more rounded off set would be lovely for such a case.

I also think increasing the color saturation/brightness of the textures present in the Level might allow for the characters to more seamlessly blend in with the environment. I think while the new cel-shaded style looks wonderful, the textures look a bit darker compared to the new model edits. Are there plans to perhaps look into modifying those? I think it would give the mod a more unique identity in addition to helping with making the world feel more natural.

The model posing you did for the teaser banner is also pretty great too. I'd be okay with the Mission Banners perhaps using that over the AI art seen in the Mission Briefing. Are there plans to replace all of those outright and is Milhouse's Street Race Banner just a placeholder in this scenario, or is that likely going to be left as-is?

Are there also any plans to return to the older 'Mystery' mod you shared a little while back? I understand if there are no plans to return to it.

Interested to see where this goes, regardless!