Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Map building

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hello, you have probably already seen other threads with this slogan, but I don't want to be so ignorant and look for help on something that I have 0 knowledge of and be able to do something decent, I'm certainly just starting to try to modify the game in different ways, but something that The question of modifying the map has been complicated for me, I tried with the well-known "Weasel's Map Data Editor" in Blender, I have to say that I don't have the equipment for anything good, so I had to go to an old version, 2.83 LTS , it works enough for me to work with it, but I have not been able to run the addon, I tried all day with the help of ChatGPT to see the problems and try to modify the code in the errors, and every time I fixed something only more appeared, question that I got tired of, and I would like to know if there is another fairly not so complicated method of modifying the maps, or perhaps a patch of the addon, I have surely had errors due to the version of my blender, but I don't know what else to do, if someone really could help me, maybe change to a different but equally old version, but at least I can run the addon, since I really don't know to what extent I could update blender and be able to run it, since I tried with 3.6 and it just didn't start, and with 2.83 LTS... is functional, 2.79 works very well for me, but that version cannot run the addon.
Oh, a few details to add, "Jeff's Map Creator" I can't run it, because "WGL: Driver does not support OpenGL version 4.4" "Cannot query entry point without a current OpenGL or OpenGL ES context", I'm not really sure if I can do anything to respect, but I think not really, I can't update my drivers.
I can't speak on the Blender issues but I can talk about the Map Creator. As of right now you need OpenGL version 4.4 to run the Map Creator. If you can, try to update the OpenGL drivers. If not, than you may need to upgrade your system or wait until a future version supports lower OpenGL versions.

In the future I may try to add other versions of OpenGL or have Vulkan/DirectX versions as-well. As the program is still in it's alpha stages these changes won't be for a while.