Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Posting Hit & Run mod video on YouTube and copyright issues

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hello, DonutTeam!

I've made a video presenting my brand-new Russian voicing of The Simpsons: Hit & Run. I would never have gone so far without your help - thanks a lot!!!

But the question is not quite about the modding.

I want some advice from someone experienced in posting videos of game mods on YouTube.

I want to post a cinematic on YouTube presenting new Russian voicing. I used all of developers and publishers logos, added my own logo for Record studio, used music from the original game and copyright-free music. There are also some text transitions in the video written in Simpsonfont, the hit&run logo combined with Russian flag.

So, that's the concept of the video.

Can something go wrong here? Can I get a strike for copyright infringement? What should I make to avoid it?
P.s. the mod is not for commercial use, not for sale, if not to mention donation.
I am not a lawyer, so while I can give my honest opinion, I can not give legal advice. In my opinion, it is unlikely to receive a copyright infringement. If you were to use clips from the show, that would be a different story.

That said, I'd avoid using developer and publisher logos in a way that might indicate that you're related, affiliated or connected with them in anyway.

In reality, as of 2024, I don't believe I've heard of a case where mods in The Simpsons: Hit & Run community have been taken down for copyright infringement.
The quoted post is unavailable.

Thank you for your advice! Then I'll continue working on the teaser, and once it's uploaded on Youtube, I definitely post a link here!
The quoted post is unavailable.

forum.donutteam.com/topic/6215

Here is the announcement of the fan Russian dubbing