Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Questions

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
1.I see people talking about hex editing when talking about editing RSD files and such.What i've been doing is just exporting the RSD from the RCF file,opening it up in the RSD converter,downloading a video from youtube as wav,editing it in vegas pro 12,then importing it into the RSD converter and then saving it in my CustomFiles/sound/carsound/horn-horn06.rsd.It sort of works....what i mean by sort of is that the sound is a low slowed down voice,i tried to change it to stereo and change the sample rate to 24000 with audacity but in the rsd converter it still says "48100hz"
2.Is it possible to not reset after being hit by a police car aka busted?
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
You only need to hex the music because the game needs to know where the music needs to start. For sound effects like car horns or dialogue, they don't need to be hexed because when they trigger they start at the beginning.

The reason why your car horn is slow is because of two things. one, only music is meant to be played in stereo and because you put your rsd as a car horn it will play slower as it isn't in mono. the second reason is because like you have said, the sample rate of the file is 48100hz which means that the quality is too high and needs to be lower in order for your file to speed up.

I don't know how Vegas works so I recommend using a software like audacity which will let you export in mono and in a different sample rate.

As for the resetting on busted, I'm not sure about that.
Thanks a lot.I'll try it out once i can